In order to find a new job in child protection or to enter this sector of social work for the first time, it is essential that you first have a CV that accurately covers all of your aptitudes and abilities as well as drawing attention to certain key strengths. Our free child protection social worker CV sample is an invaluable tool which is designed to assist you with just that. Not only will it help you to understand the sorts of information that you ought to be highlighting, but it will also cover the sort of formatting and tone that is appropriate to the career in question.
Child Protection Social Worker CV Sample
/David Smith/20 Any Road, Any City/07454 firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an experienced and qualified graduate social worker with a thorough knowledge of child protection legislation and local authority safeguarding procedures. As well as having attended and reported to many safeguarding panels during the course of my duties, I am highly experienced with dealing with other agencies, such as the police, school boards and foster care panels. I have given evidence in court and I am used to providing information, where appropriate, to family law judges. I have a proven track record in child protection cases and can draw on my experience of working for both local authorities and the charity sector.
Child Protection Supervision Skills | NSPCC course. Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) approved.
- Recently completed checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Designated Safeguarding Officer trained.
- British Association of Social Workers registered
- Clean UK driving license
BA (Hons) in Social Work from the Open University A levels: English (B), Sociology (D) AS level: Psychology (C) 8 GCSEs at good grades.
- Ability to take a child-centred approach to any investigations and safeguarding procedures.
- Willing to learn new ways of identifying problems and to liaise with other social workers to achieve the best results.
- Excellent at working with external agencies, such as charities and the police service, to gather the most rounded picture possible.
Social Worker | Essex County Council – 2007 to present
- Responsible for case working child protection all over West Essex.
- Gained experience supervising junior social workers and mentoring them in child protection.
- Provided reports to the Director of Child Care Social Services covering major case reviews.
Child Protection Officer | Essex Young Homes – May 2005 | May 2007
- Responsible for dealing with all safeguarding issues and providing safe environments to vulnerable young adults and teenagers.
- Developed new procedures for handling clients with additional needs, for example learning difficulties.
- Provided expenditure forecasts to the charity’s bursar.
References will be made available on request. This child protection social worker CV sample is only one of the many examples you can make use of, each of which provides valuable insights into the best way of writing for career-specific CVs. Jobseekers can also make use of the tools and CV builder on this site for further guidance.