CV Example with gap year CV Sample
Whether you are looking for a job or trying to get accepted into a sought-after college or university course, it is vital to write a CV that makes the most of all the experience that you have gained in your life so far and is tailored to your specific skills-set. Learning how to present the transferable skills and experienced gained during a gap year, for example, could help you land the job of your dreams. Use our free CV example with gap year to gain an idea of a suitable CV format, such as what to include and what to leave out.
2 The Cottage, Little Village/011112222222 /firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional SummaryA bright, motivated and committed professional with plenty of transferable skills used to great effect during a gap year. These skills include leadership skills, team-building skills, independence, fund-raising, language development, and more. Ambitious to study English and French at University.
- Ability to lead a team
- Fluent in Spanish and French - including colloquialisms
- Marketing and fund-raising
- Organisational skills
- Problem-solving and collaborative skills
- A gap year spent working in Bolivia and Columbia. Six months spent in Bolivia helping to build a health centre, and five months spent working in Columbia helping to restore a bombed church. Finances for the gap year were made available through fund-raising efforts. Working as part of a team of six other gap year volunteers, alongside local professionals and other charity workers.
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards - Bronze and Silver Medals.
- Regularly helped to organise point-to-point meetings at home in Little Village, which are attended by over five hundred supporters and participants.