CV With Publications
Professional SummaryA talented chemistry academic with considerable experience in teaching and lecturing in my specialist field. Expertise in tool building as part of research techniques. Extremely competent in an array of software and operating systems to assist with research and publications work. Experienced in leading a large team of scientists to complete diverse projects. A committed and dedicated academic with a passion for imparting knowledge to chemistry students to further research in this specialist field.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills; able to present data clearly and concisely.
- Thorough knowledge of diverse chemical research techniques.
- Strong team player, able to collaborate with fellow researchers and academics.
- Talented teacher and lecturer, passionate about teaching and mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate chemistry students.
Professional membershipsMember of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
PublicationsHughes M, (2006)Stabilising the C-terminal fragment with presenilin 1, independent of secretase activities. The Chemistry Journal 378, 21444-15358.
ExperienceFebruary 2016PresentChemical Research Associate, Pharma Pharmaceuticals, London
- Eighteen month placement as Chemical Research Associate at Pharma Pharmaceuticals, London.
- Working according to company and project protocols to develop specialist drugs.
- Managing a team of 5 scientific research assistants.
- Prepared a dossier on the effect of drugs on specific illnesses and presented this to the company's board of directors.
- Tutored undergraduate and postgraduate students in chemistry.
- Prepared specific research papers for publication.
- Elected representative of PhD and post-doctoral students at the Council of the Department of Chemistry.