CV Sample With Gap Year
Personal StatementEllie is a highly motivated, well-organised and enthusiastic individual who completed a degree in business studies at Swansea University in June 2015. For the past year, she has been working as a volunteer, teaching English to children in Botswana with Project Trust. In order to participate in this programme, she raised over £6000 for the charity by taking part in sponsored triathlons and other fundraisingevents. Volunteering has increased her independence and self-confidence and developed her leadership, communication and organisation skills. She is now seeking a role as an events organiser in the charity sector that will allow her to use and build on her gap year experiences.
- Organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
- Communicating with people at all levels.
- Full, clean driving licence.
ExperienceSeptember 2015 - June 2016 Gap year working as a teacher of English with Project Trust at a variety of locations in Botswana.Relevant skills included:
- Communicating with a class of 30 pupils of primary school age, permanent teachers and other volunteers.
- Organising and planning lessons, activities and outings to inspire and motivate the pupils, enabling them to meet academic targets for the year.
- Self-motivation in raising the funds required to take part in the project.
- Maintaining documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicating with children, their parents/carers and the permanent staff.
- Working as an effective member of a team.