Environmental Officer CV sample
Professional SummaryA committed environmental officer, passionate about caring for the environment and ensuring the company they work for is fully compliant with current environmental legislation in relation to emissions, pollution, carbon footprint and waste management. Has considerable experience of formulating environmental policies, procedures, good practices and impact assessments, implementing these followed by monitoring and reviewing. Has auditing capabilities and can relate to people on all levels, including senior managers, other staff, external contractors and external environment professionals. Has considerable experience of carrying out staff training and presenting reports to senior management at meetings.
Core QualificationsNEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management
Academic QualificationsA levels: English B, Maths B, Chemistry B, Physics C
- Has an in-depth knowledge of all current environmental law centered around The Environmental Protection Act 1990;
- Able to create environmental impact assessments and risk assessments;
- Able to monitor air and water quality;
- Specialist knowledge of waste management and chemical safety;
- Can assess carbon footprint and put in place appropriate reduction measures;
- Has own car and able to travel to work outdoors on various sites as well as in the office;
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping.
Work ExperienceEnvironment Officer | Blake Manufacturing 2009 - Present
- Writing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing a full range of relevant environmental policies for the company's niche areas.
- Delivering staff training.
- Liaising with senior management on environmental issues.
- Writing and delivering reports to meetings.
- Chairing the company's Environment Committee.
- Responsible for environmental management, specialising in environmental health for the company.
- Running specific initiatives such as a bike-to-work scheme and a waste reduction initiative.