The first thing that is needed to become employed as a gas engineer is a CV that fully reflects your abilities and strengths as a potential employee. By using our free gas engineer CV sample you will make sure that your professional qualifications are highlighted along with your other, often softer skills. As such, it can be an invaluable tool which helps you to format and write your CV in a professional manner.
Gas Engineer CV Sample
/David Jackson/15 Any Lane, Any Ville/07459 email@example.com
I am a fully qualified gas engineer with a good knowledge of all the safety codes and modern procedures required to maintain the public gas supply network and of working with gas systems in homes and offices. I am familiar with all the maintenance practices required to keep cookers, boilers, gas fires and heaters in working order. In addition, I have extensive knowledge of working with gas metering products. As well as being able to work with gas-fired equipment, I have gained on-the-job knowledge of oil-fired equipment and maintaining domestic oil storage tanks. I have recently attended training session, in the course of my work, on energy efficiency. I have plenty of practical skills as well as good record keeping abilities.
NVQ in Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance (Level 3) – Example College 2006 – 2008
- ACS certification
- ‘Gas Safe’ registered
- CENWAT qualified for central heating boilers and water heaters
- MET1 gas meter qualified
- Driver’s license
AS levels: Technology (B) and Maths (D) Six GCSEs including English, Maths and Science
- Ability to install gas appliances and systems from schematics.
- Conscientious and methodical worker, especially when working with test controls and safety devices.
- Great customer skills, particularly when dealing with upgrades and replacement appliances.
Field Gas Engineer | Deal, Kent – January 2010 to present
- Responsible for installing and maintaining gas equipment all over the county in schools, offices and homes.
- Ensuring that all works are carried out under the legal obligations set out in the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Ordering new parts, when necessary, and keeping clients updated with their repair works.
Gas Engineering Apprentice | Canterbury, Kent – September 2008 | December 2009
- Responsible for assisting the senior gas engineer with installing pipe work and connection fittings.
- Planned appointments for the most economical routes to and from site.
- Assisted with fault finding and troubleshooting.
References will be made available on request. This gas engineer CV sample is just a single example of the many that are on offer, each of which offers insights into the process of writing a really good CV. Remember to look at the tools and CV builder on this site for additional guidance and tips.