The first step to landing a role as a lift engineer is to write a CV that presents your skill set and personality traits in the best light. By using a free lift engineer CV sample you will be able to get the right format, so that your work history is easy to understand when it is first seen, but it will also help you to detail your experience and skills in the best way, making sure that you include the kind of information you need.
Lift Engineer CV Sample
/David Smith/16 Example Road, Example Town/07456 email@example.com
I am an experienced lift engineer who has progressed from an apprentice role and who now possesses all of the qualifications and knowledge required by modern lift engineers. I have gained experience with the installation of lifts into new buildings and am familiar with all of the repair and maintenance issues that arise with lifting equipment. I have worked all over the UK and am prepared to travel to meet the demands of any job. I have good written and computer skills, so can update safety and inspection records whilst in the field or from the office. I am well versed in the fit out of lifts, lifting gear and lift wells. I have worked shift patterns in the past and I am familiar with emergency call out operations.
Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Engineering Maintenance, Example College 2009 – 2010
- Level 2 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Level 2 Diploma in Access to Building Services Engineering
- SEMTA registered
- Full, clean driving license
Mechanical Engineering HND | Example College GCSEs in Maths (B) Technology (B) Science (C) English (C) and Geography (D)
- I can understand all lift schematics and safety procedures.
- I am able to learn new lift technology and I’m a self-starter with ongoing professional development.
- I am an excellent problem solver and can work flexibly, when needed.
Lift Engineer | Southampton – June 2007 – Present
- Responsible for installing new lifts and fitting out all lift gear in new build environments.
- Ensuring all work is conducted within Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER).
- Providing advice to clients especially where older lifts required upgrades or improvements.
Apprentice lift engineer | Southampton Dorchester – 2003 | 2007
- Gained experience of field work with a wide range of lift and escalator technology.
- Responsible for updating client records on computers and producing safety documents.
- Provided reports on overload detection devices for senior lift engineers.
References can be obtained by request. This lift engineer CV sample is only one of many examples available to help you with the CV writing process. Jobseekers can find many key insights and further advice by consulting the tools and CV builder on this website.