The first critical step in furthering your career as a makeup artist is to design a CV that stands out, positively highlighting your strengths while clearly reflecting your Cosmetology skills and abilities. Our free Makeup Artist CV Sample will be an invaluable tool that comes to help you gain insights into what needs to be included in your CV. It will also guide you on the most suitable CV format that is guaranteed to catch the attention of recruiting managers.
Makeup Artist CV Sample
/David Seton/15 Anyroad, Anytown/01234 firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly skilled and dedicated Makeup Artist with an outstanding record of client satisfaction and customer service. Adept at perceiving client’s individual unique skin tone and the corresponding makeup requirements and recommending makeup products accordingly. Ability to work well as part of a professional cosmetology team or independently.
Associate’s Degree in Cosmetology – Metropolitan Community & Technical College 2005
- Superior knowledge and extensive experience in skin products
- Strong familiarity with all standard in the makeup industry
- Exceptional grasp of cosmetology in terms of makeup application
- High organisational and multitasking abilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Metropolitan High School | ‘A’ Level Certificate 2004
London Makeup Artists Professional Association
- Beauty therapy
- Bridal makeup
- Costume design
Makeup Artist – Yolanda Salons, Inc., London, England June 2011 to Present
- Performing application of makeup, waxing and additional cosmetic services as needed
- Assisting colleagues with clients’ requirements and cleanup duties
- Recommending makeup choices to individual clients
- Upholding high customer service and courtesy standards for each client
- Maintaining and updating client payment records regularly
Makeup Artist – Clear Day Salons, Inc., London – June 2006 to May 2011
- Ensured client satisfaction through salon service quality
- Weekly work schedule preparation and updating
- Performed required makeup application plus other varied cosmetic tasks
- Maintained and updated company inventory records on a daily basis
- Assisted management and colleagues with sales and special events
Assistant Makeup Artist | Best Lady Inc. | January 2006 to May 2006
- Assisted colleagues with cleanup duties as required
- Maintained and regularly updated customer payment records
- Maintained makeup products inventory
References can be sent on request.
Opportunities of landing that dream job as a Makeup Artist are plenty today, but it will certainly not be handed to you that easily. This Makeup Artist CV Sample is one of the several examples that offer handy insights and tips into the CV preparation process. Jobseekers are urged to make full use of our handy CV builder and other tools available on this site to get guidance that is more personalised.