Sample Nursery Teacher CV Sample
Professional SummaryA fully qualified nursery teacher, I am experienced with a number of aspects of early years education and of dealing with child development in a wide range of settings. I am used to sharing knowledge gained in the classroom with other practitioners and with parents to improve learning outcomes. A guitar player, I have developed a number of techniques to use music to promote creative development through songs, games and dance. I am also accomplished with using drawing and imaginative play to build confidence in nursery age children. Willing to learn new approaches, I have implemented the use of visual aids and online teaching resources in my nursery to great effect. I am looking for a new challenge in nursery teaching due to a change in location.
Core QualificationsBEd in Early Years Education from Example University, 2009-2011
- Gained Qualified Teacher Status
- Trained in Special Needs Teaching (SEN)
- Disclosure and Barring Service cleared
- Clean driver's licence
Academic QualificationsDiploma in Early Years Education and CareAS levels: English (C) and Sociology (C)GCSEs in English, Maths and Science
- Superb verbal communication skills when talking to children or adults.
- Accomplished with assessing and recording each child's educational progress.
- Excellent with adapting to changes in the curriculum and developments in best nursery practice.
Work ExperienceNursery Teacher | Liverpool, September 2011 - Present
- Responsible for a class of 22 children and for covering all aspects of learning and development.
- Ensuring that myself and teaching assistants attended in-service training regularly.
- Providing plans for coordinating work both indoors and outside in the summer months.
- Helped to make sure that the health and safety of children and staff was maintained during all activities.
- Developed new ways of providing snack and drinks to children so that breaks became more flexible.
- Motivated and stimulated children's learning abilities with one-to-one sessions.