Volunteer CV Sample
Professional SummaryPassionate and committed to giving something back to the community using the knowledge, skills and experiences gathered over the course of life so far. Does not see paid employment as a prerequisite to job satisfaction. Has strong values built around helping others, as well as acts of generosity and kindness. Extremely trustworthy and well-organised with excellent attention to detail. A great team member who can stand the test of time, getting on well with people from all walks of life. Polite and respectful and happy to take instructions as well as work under own initiative. Has own car and clean driving licence. Willing to travel within a 50 mile radius of work location within the UK. Willing to travel abroad to take on an overseas volunteering role.
Core QualificationsASDAN Level 1 in Volunteering
Academic QualificationsGCSEs: English (B), Maths (B)
- Self-motivated, hardworking and willing to take on a variety of tasks.
- Retail skills e.g. stock taking and cash handling in the volunteering sector.
- Advanced manual handling and health and safety skills.
- Willing to undergo training and learn new skills.
ExperienceVolunteer Aid Worker | World Help Orgainsation, July 2007 - present
- Working in Africa to help poverty-stricken communities to get food, clothing and clean water.
- Receiving, handling and distributing aid supplies to villages, working on foot and driving aid vehicles.
- Full range of shop duties including cash handling, till reconciliation, stock taking, processing incoming goods and liaising with members of the public.