CV Sample for Veterans
A good CV for veterans needs to be a unique and well-written document that is specific to the job you're targeting, as well as showing your best qualifications, skills and accomplishments. Take a look at our CV Sample for Veterans before you begin to write your own CV and it will give you an idea of what to write and the formatting to use. This CV Sample for Veterans is just the type of CV that will get you noticed when it lands on the recruiting manager's desk. Base your CV on this sample and you're more likely to be invited to attend interviews, which could lead to securing the job you want.
14, The Street, Ashford, Kent TN21 4TQ /07779 675 461/ /email@example.com
Professional SummaryAn experienced military professional with proven success in responsible and challenging roles. Now seeking a starting position to gain work-related experience outside of the military, with aspirations to progress to a higher level. Has many transferable skills, with a proven track record of exceptional achievement. Able to make effective critical decisions and manage a team in challenging circumstances. Adept at developing and implementing a plan of action. An energetic and committed individual. Now a veteran, having retired after five years of military service.
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Technology assessment and providing solutions
- Trainer and mentor
- Team leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
ExperienceJune 2013June 2015Infantry Squad Leader, The Corps of the Royal Marines
- Directly responsible for training, instructing and supervising the members of my corps
- Key role in planning, coordinating and executing combat operations, both in training scenarios and out in the field
- Instructor in martial arts, involved in training other members of the corps in self-defence
- Leading a team on land and at sea, in combat and during peacetime
- Responsible for the training, development and general welfare of those in my team
- Decision-making on training and deployment of the team