Last updated: 4 September 2023
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE, AS THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, OR IF, AT ANY TIME, THE TERMS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, PLEASE STOP USING THE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
- Each time you access and/or use the Service as a Visitor, you agree to be bound by these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined in section 3(d)) that will apply to you going forward. You also agree to become a Registered User by registering your account.
- You will honour your payment obligations for services you purchase on the Site. For ongoing charges relating to your subscription, third parties acting on our behalf may store your payment details to process the transactions. You will be informed about any additional fees and taxes that may apply to your purchase. Should there be a price change, you will be notified in advance and given a period of time to manage your subscription. You may cancel or suspend your subscription at any time by going to the homepage under My accounts and My settings or by contacting us directly. Please refer to our Cancellations section for more information. Provider does not guarantee refunds other than those legally required.
- These Terms include a dispute resolution and arbitration clause. Please be aware that, depending on your country of residence, and under certain circumstances, you may be able to bring a dispute before the appropriate authorities or courts in the country in which you live.
- You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, sell, resell, display, post, transmit, distribute, scrape, reverse engineer, or licence any content or intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks on the Service without the Provider’s authorisation.
- To the extent permitted by relevant law, we renounce guarantees and conditions and provide the Service ‘as is’.
- To the extent permitted by relevant law, our liability is limited.
1. Your acceptance and contractual relationship
You represent and warrant that you are of age under the laws of your jurisdiction and/or lawfully able to enter into contracts. If you are not legally permitted to enter into contracts, you shall not use the Service at any time or in any way, or send any information to the Provider or the Service. If you would like to receive a previous version of these Terms, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Modifications to the Terms or to the Service
- comply with new legal or regulatory requirements due to the change of the provisions of generally applicable laws;
- fulfil the obligation resulting from a legally valid court decision or decision of administrative bodies;
- implement security measures, including those aimed at preventing the use of the Services in a manner contrary to the law or the Terms and addressing new risks and protecting user data;
- introduce changes in the functioning of the Services, including those related to technical or technological advancement;
- adapt the Terms to reflect the Services in a circumstance objectively justified by the change of the technical conditions or systems for the provision of Services;
- introduce and develop additional services and solutions;
- enhance user experience;
- change payment rules due to the market variations and/or scope of the paid services;
- amend the invalidated provisions of the Terms;
- correct obvious errors, typos and hyperlinks which affect your rights and/or obligations.
We will inform you at least 14 days in advance about each modification by posting the updated Terms on the Site and by providing you with a clear and precise notice on the Site Dashboard or by sending you an email notification. The amendments shall come into effect on the date indicated in the notice. If you agree to the change, no action is required on your part. If you do not agree to such alterations, you may stop using the Services or cancel your subscription as described in section 10 of these Terms.
Correcting obvious mistakes and typos, and adding/changing hyperlinks, is not considered an amendment to the Terms and does not necessitate prior notification unless this affects your rights or obligations.
The modified versions of these Terms will apply to any subsequent contractual relationship between us, unless otherwise stated in the amendment. If any change is found invalid or ineffective for any reason, then such change will be considered separately and will not affect the validity and effectiveness of any remaining changes or conditions.
- The Service. Provider may make changes to the Service at any time, without notice. If you object to any changes to the Service, your only option will be to stop using it. Continued use of the Service following the posting of any such changes will signify your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Service as modified. Some elements of the Service may only be offered in the desktop version of the Site and may not be, for instance, available in the mobile version of the Site.
Changes to key characteristics or components of the Services may occur for significant reasons, specifically to:
- introduce security measures, including those aimed at preventing the use of the Service in a manner contrary to the law or the Rules;
- alter function of the Services, including those related to technical or technological progress;
- introduce or update additional services and solutions;
- alter the functional characteristics and capabilities of the Services;
- carry out regular technical intervals essential to develop the Services and minimise the risk of failure;
- discontinue the Service or any element of it;
- implement significant technological changes and solutions;
- implement changes in the policy of entities servicing systems of mobile devices on which the Services operate with regard to the functioning of the Service.
We shall not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Service.
- Paid subscriptions. Please note that by purchasing a paid subscription service with us, in the event we change the price for the services which you have previously agreed to pay or if we substantially change the services you are paying for, we will inform you of such changes as detailed in section 3(a). Any changes will become effective on the date indicated in the notice and will be incorporated on your next scheduled payment date. If you agree to the change, no action is required on your part. If you do not agree with such changes, you have the right to cancel the subscription before the commencement of the new prices by communicating with us in accordance with the Cancellation section below.
4. Use of our Services and Accounts
We provide digital CV creation and storage services, and career-enhancing tools (“Core Services”).
In order to effectively use the Services, the following technical conditions must be met:
- having a computer or other multimedia device with installed software that allows you to browse websites (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari) with access to the Internet;
- having an email address;
For as long as you agree to these Terms and abide by them, you may use the Service. These Terms apply to all Users of the Service, including Visitors and Registered Users.
- Visitors. Visitors may browse the Site in accordance with these Terms, but will not have full access to the Service (which may include, but is not limited to, contributing content, downloading tools, posting comments or signing up for special programmes) without first becoming “Registered Users”.
- Registered Users and Accounts. In order to access certain features of the Service, you might need to become a Registered User. A “Registered User” is a User who has registered an account with us (your “Account”) or who has a valid account on the social networking service (“SNS”) through which the User has connected to the Service (each such account: a “Third-Party Account”). As a Registered User, you will have access to and will be able to view your documents, but you will not be able to print or save them unless you are a Subscriber.
- Subscriber. Clients who have entered into an agreement with Provider to receive additional access in order to print, download and share their CV and/or cover letter, as well as make use of additional Site offerings, are considered subscribers (a “Subscriber”). Subscriber offers may vary from time to time. Please review the information included on your purchase order confirmation email and/or contact Customer Service if you have any queries. You’ll need to be a Registered User in order to have a subscription and be considered a Subscriber.
- Registration Data. In registering for the Service, you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, up-to-date and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, up-to-date and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (A) inform Provider immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or any other breach of security at email@example.com, and (B) sign out of your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not up-to-date or incomplete, or if Provider has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not up-to-date or incomplete, the Provider has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any part thereof). Provider shall be entitled to monitor your username and password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a username and password that Provider deems insecure, Provider will have the right to demand this to be altered and/or terminate your Account. Provider reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username infringes the third party’s rights. If such a situation arises, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve any issues. You agree not to register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for an Account on behalf of any group or entity, unless you are authorised to bind such person, group or entity to these Terms (see “Shared Accounts” below). By registering another person, group or entity you hereby represent that you are authorised to do so. We may ask you to provide proof of this authorisation.
- Access through social networking sites. If you access the Service through an SNS as part of the functionality of the Service, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts by allowing Provider to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to Provider and/or grant Provider access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating Provider to pay any fees or making Provider subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers. By granting Provider access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that Provider may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through the Provider internet properties that you have provided and stored in your Third-Party Account (“SNS Content”), so that it is available on and through the Provider internet properties via your Account. Unless otherwise specified in the Terms, all SNS Content shall be considered to be your User Content (as defined in Clause 5) for all purposes of these Terms. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you select, and subject to the privacy settings that you have enacted in such Third-Party Accounts, information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on the Provider internet properties. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or Provider’s access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through the Provider internet properties. You can disable the connection between your Account and your Third-Party Accounts at any time by accessing the “Settings” section of the Service. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS. Provider makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including, but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement, and Provider is not responsible for any SNS Content.
- Joint Accounts. A Joint Account is controlled by the member who created the account, and whose payment method has been charged (the “Account Owner”). The Account Owner may invite or authorise other third parties to share in their subscription. Any additional users joining the Joint Account will be required to create their own separate and independent profile in order to have a distinct and personalised experience with our Service. The additional users will be able to share in the Account as long as the Account Owner maintains an active subscription. When the Account Holder cancels or deletes their Account, the shared access is also terminated.
As part of the content creation, Provider may use third parties that work with our services to generate content using artificial intelligence tools, for instance the use of ChatGPT. Our teams may check, modify, correct, edit or alter at any moment the content generated by these tools, but do not guarantee that there will not be any mistakes or oversights as part of the content generation. Should you, at any point during your use of our Site, come across material that could be considered offensive, incorrect or inaccurate, we would appreciate it if you could inform us by reaching out to our Customer Service team so we may investigate further. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com. Provider disclaims any responsibility that may arise from content generated as part of the usage of third-party artificial intelligence tools. Provider may also collaborate with third-party service providers to offer additional tools otherwise not accessible through the Site.
From time to time and as part of product development, Provider may display an experience on the Site that is part of an A/B test or an experiment. These experiences may not be the same for every customer and may not be available every time. If you have any issues or concerns, please get in touch with us.
5. User Content and your licence to us
You may opt to make some of your User Content public on the Service. For some of our features, other members might be able to request email notifications of your new public User Content or post their own remarks to your comments. We may use the public User Content to enhance our service, make links with potential employers, personalise site views, market services, or identify or feature popular members.
For clarity, you retain ownership of your User Content at all times. However, by posting, uploading and/or making available any User Content within the Service, and/or by providing any communication or material to Provider, you automatically:
- Grant the Provider a worldwide, unending, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable through multiple levels, and transferable licence to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform the User Content in connection with the Service and the Provider’s (and its successors and affiliates) business, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). We may alter or adjust your User Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media, and/or make amendments to your User Content as is necessary to conform and adjust that Content to any requirements or limitations within the Service, or of any networks, devices, services, or media, including, but not limited, to structured data markups for content ratings. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive licence to access your public User Content, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms. To the extent permitted by relevant law, (i) the above licences granted by you in User Content you submit to the Service will endure even if you remove or delete your User Content from the Service and, (ii) the above licences granted by you in forum comments, testimonials or submissions you submit, are perpetual and irreversible. Except with respect to your User Content, you agree that you have no right to or title in any other content or Materials (see clause 11 below) that appears on or in the Service, including, but not limited to, any information associated with another Account or user profile or stored on or in the Service.
- To the extent allowable by relevant law, renounce all moral rights in the User Content which might be available to you in any region of the world and verify that no such rights have been claimed. To the extent waiving moral rights as described above is inadmissible under applicable laws, you undertake not to exercise your moral rights in the User Content.
- Appoint Provider as your representative with full authority to enter into any document and/or perform any act Provider may deem suitable to affirm the grant and assignment, consent and waiver set out above.
- Warrant that you are the owner of the User Content and entitled to enter into these Terms, and that the User Content does not infringe the proprietary or privacy rights of any third party.
- Confirm that such User Content will not be subject to any obligation, of confidentiality or otherwise, to you or any other person and that Provider shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such User Content.
- Agree and comprehend that your User Content is always subject to our Acceptable Use Policy.
6. Removal or deactivation of User Content and/or your Account
You may ask us to remove CVs and covering letters available in your Account by logging into your Account and clicking on the My settings and ‘CVs’ or ‘Letters’ tabs. Your User Content can only be removed from public view by deactivating or deleting your Account by going to your Account and clicking the My preferences and ‘Overview’ tab. When you ask for your public User Content to be deleted, your CV or profiles will no longer be visible to other users within the Service, but if your User Content, including your information, was previously accessed, stored and/or copied by others, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. When you request that we delete your User Content, we will keep logs and non-personally identifiable information about you along with an archival copy of your information, which is not accessible by you or third parties within the Service, but which may be used for record keeping and internal valid business purposes. If you terminate your subscription, you will still be able to use your login details as a Registered User to access and view the documents uploaded on your Account. This information will be available to you if you have an Account opened. If you wish to close your Account and delete your data from our systems, you can do so by clicking here or by getting in touch with our Customer Service team. You also agree and understand that some of the content that we may create for you may not be able to be deleted once uploaded to the extent permitted by applicable law.
7. Our Forums and Our Acceptable Use Policy
This part provides the Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) which sets out acceptable practices in connection with the use of the Service, inclusive of limitations on User Content, system misuse and security. The Service must be used in a manner that is consistent with the intended purpose of the Service and the terms of the applicable agreement with Provider, including our Terms. By using the Service, you consent to be bound by the Terms of this AUP. If you do not agree with anything in this section, you must discontinue use of the Service. For the purposes of this section, “Provider” includes all of Provider’s associates, including direct and indirect subsidiaries.
- Summary of generally prohibited conduct. You shall not use the Service to transmit, distribute or store material in a manner that: (i) infringes any applicable law or regulation; (ii) may detrimentally impact the Service or other Users; (iii) may expose Provider to criminal or civil liability, or (iv) violate, infringe upon, or otherwise misappropriate any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, rights of publicity and privacy rights. You are forbidden from facilitating the infringement of any part of this section or applicable third-party policies, including, but not limited to, transmitting, distributing or otherwise making available any product or service that infringes this section or another provider’s policy.
- Responsible use of the Service. Please behave responsibly when using the Service. You may only use the Service and its contents for legal purposes and in accordance with applicable law, and you are prohibited from storing, distributing or transmitting any illegal material through the Service. You may not gather or keep personal information from other users. You recognise that storing, distributing or transmitting unlawful material could expose you to criminal and/or civil liability. You agree that if a third party alleges that material you’ve contributed to the Service is unlawful, you will bear the responsibility of proving that it is lawful. You understand and agree that all materials publicly posted or privately transmitted on or through the Service are the sole responsibility of the sender, not the Provider, and that you are responsible for all material you upload, publicly post or otherwise transmit to or through the Service.
- Content restrictions. We require that you do not post CVs, cover letters, send emails or submit to or publish through forums available on the Service, or otherwise make available on the Service any content or act in a manner, which, in our opinion:
- Slanders, defames, invades privacy, stalks, or is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- Disparages, criticises, diminishes, parodies or otherwise depicts in a negative light any actor appearing in the content;
- Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to unsuitable content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- Infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity;
- Breaches any law or may be considered to breach any law;
- You do not have the authority to convey under any contractual or other relationship (e.g. inside information, proprietary information or confidential information received in the context of an employment or a non-disclosure agreement);
- Advocates or encourages unlawful activity;
- Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- Seeks funding, advertisers or sponsors;
- Includes programmes which contain viruses, worms and/or ‘Trojan horses’ or any other computer code, files or programmes designed to interrupt, overload, collapse, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll quicker than other users are able to type, or otherwise behave in a manner which impacts the capacity of other people to participate in real time activities through the Service;
- Copies any other pages or images on the Service except with appropriate authorisation;
- Includes unlawfully obtained MP3 format files;
- Amounts to a ‘pyramid’ or similar scheme;
- Equates to ‘data warehousing’ (i.e. using any web space made available to you as storage for large files or substantial amounts of data which are solely linked from other sites);
- Disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of the Service or any networks connected to the Service; or
- Contains links to other websites that contain the sort of content that falls within the descriptions outlined above.
- In addition, you are not allowed to remove any sponsorship banners or other material inserted by the Provider anywhere on the Service (e.g. on any web space made available for your use).
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE COOPERATE WITH THE POLICE AND REPORT SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOUR.
- System misuse. Without restriction, you agree not to:
- Send, create or reply to so-called ‘mailbombs’ (i.e. emailing copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent) or engage in ‘spamming’ (i.e. unsolicited emailing for business or other purposes) or undertake any other activity which may adversely affect the operation or enjoyment of this Service by any other person;
- Copy, display, distribute, duplicate, compile, redistribute, alter or modify any of the content available within the Service, or User Content in any medium, or to any other person or entity, other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Service for their intended purpose;
- Employ any automated software or gadgets, such as spiders, robots or data mining techniques like scraping, spidering, crawling or any other methods to download, store, distribute or otherwise reproduce content within the Service and/or the Service itself;
- Use or duplicate the Service, including any information you view on and/or acquire from the Service to provide any product or service that is competitive to the Service determined in Provider’s sole discretion;
- Interfere with, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Service or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Use the Service in any way that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any Provider’s server, or networks connected to any Provider’s server, or interfere with any other party’s use and pleasure of the Service;
- Gain unauthorised access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Provider’s server or to the Service, through hacking, cracking and distribution of counterfeit software, password mining or any other means;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any software accessed via the Service, including any proprietary communications protocol used by Provider;
- Use information obtained from the Service to transmit any commercial, advertising or promotional materials without Provider’s written permission and except as expressly authorised by Provider, advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose;
- Provide any contact details which are not current and precise, impersonate or fabricate a false identity or distort any information;
- Use, download or otherwise copy or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Service, or other user or usage information or any portion thereof;
- Exploit, distribute or publicly disclose any error, mistake or bug which provides an unintended advantage; or
- Reproduce, sell, resell or otherwise exploit any resource or access to any resource contained on this Service.
- Breach of security systems. You are forbidden from using any services or facilities offered in conjunction with the Service to compromise its security or tamper with system resources and/or accounts. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g. password guessing programmes, cracking tools or network probing tools) is strictly forbidden. If you become involved in any breach of system security, Provider reserves the right to disclose your details to system administrators at other sites or to law enforcement in order to assist them in resolving security incidents.
- Responsibility for Content. Provider takes no liability for any material created or accessible on or through the Service and will not exercise any editorial control over such material. Provider is not obliged to monitor such material but reserves the right to do so.
You recognise that the Provider has no obligation to prescreen User Content, although the Provider reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prescreen, decline or remove any User Content. By entering into these Terms, you hereby give your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You recognise and agree that you have no expectation of privacy regarding the transmission of your User Content, including, without limitation, videos, comments, any chat, text or voice communications which may be facilitated through the Service. In the event that Provider prescreens, refuses or removes any User Content, you acknowledge that Provider will do so for Provider’s benefit, not your own. Provider may supply you with tools to mark User Content. However, Provider makes no guarantees or statements regarding the removal of marked User Content.
Breaches of this AUP may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Additional services, CV Posting Services, job alerts, Online CV
Depending on your location or jurisdiction, Provider may offer job alerts or may use third parties and automated search engines to offer job alerts, matching employment opportunities found on third-party job seeking sites with your CV or career profile, job search requests submitted by you, and/or other usage data relating to your use of the Service. Provider endeavours to match the information available to ensure employment opportunities presented to you in job alerts and match the type of career opportunities you are looking for, but Provider does not assure that you will receive career opportunities or the job alert leads you are looking for.
CV ParsingProvider may also offer additional services that may assist you in your application process, such as tracking your CV and facilitating the transfer and interpretation of your CV data by the third parties involved in your application process (“CV Parsing”). Upon downloading your CV, you agree that Provider may include metadata and an identifier into your CV and share it with third parties such as parsing companies, applicant tracking systems (ATS) and employers for the purpose of facilitating your application process, and will allow such third parties, through technology, to capture your data, process and deliver it to the prospective employer to whom you have submitted a job application.
To find out if your CV has been parsed, please navigate to the CV Insights page within your Account. Your CV Insights page may provide you with data regarding your CV Parsing activities, which may include (when available) the number of times your CV has been ‘parsed’, dates and locations. Note that all of this information may not always be available. Owing to confidentiality, we’re unable to provide you the name of the individual, organisation or third party who/that is screening your CV. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the information on your CV Insights page, nor the time or the location displayed on your CV Insights page, as some individuals may be using blockers or VPNs to avoid tracking technologies such as the one in your CV Parsing service. Every time a third party uses a parsing function on your CV, such activity will be automatically highlighted on the CV Insights page and will display to the user the total number of parsing activities for that unique downloaded CV, which carries a specific document ID. Your CV may be parsed multiple times within a single application process. Therefore, please note that the number of parsing activities on your CV Insight page does not indicate that different third parties or employers have parsed or viewed your CV. We encourage you to download multiple CVs to capture a unique ID on each one, enabling you to track the activities of each of these CVs.
We may also enable a notification system to notify you when your CV has been parsed, which we may do by email or text, should such a service become available. Such notifications shall be made (when available) under the terms and conditions contained herein applicable to notifications to our subscribers. You recognise that the actual time between a parsing activity on your CV and the time the notification is sent to you depends on a number of factors, including your mobile service and coverage within the area in which you are located at that time, and that such notices may be delayed, experience delivery failures or face other transmission problems. Email notifications may be affected by internet disruptions and other issues impacting the transmission and receipt of email messages.
You may always choose to opt out of the CV Parsing services and from receiving these notifications. To opt out, please visit your CV Insights page or contact Customer Support. Provider makes no guarantee that you will receive job opportunities or that the notifications of CV Parsing services will meet your needs.
Please remember that the CV Parsing services will only become available if you download the CV from this site and share your CV with third parties as part of your application process. The CV Parsing service is not activated by Provider and is only activated upon your direct sharing of your CV with third parties that are equipped with the parsing technology necessary to process the CV Parsing services. Sharing your CV with third parties is at your own risk.
Online CV and public CV Database
Provider may offer “Online CV Services”. The Online CV Services will allow you to create an online digital profile using either your existing CV data or by creating a digital profile from scratch using our proprietary builder (“Online CV”) which, once published, will be available online and part of our online public Online CV database. Take advantage of this tool by creating multiple CVs and including unique web address identifiers (“Online CV IDs”) for each one; that way, you can keep better track of who has viewed your Online CV and see the details on your Online CV analytics page.
If you register for our Online CV Services, you agree that we will use the information you provide us with to create your Online CV, which, once you agree to publish it, will be publicly accessible. Third parties may gain access to your Online CV through a variety of means, either through direct sharing of your Online CV link by yourself, by conducting searches in publicly available search engines (such as Google and Bing), or through our publicly available CV database. The Provider will not be liable for claims regarding or a removal of your digital CV if it is featured on a third-party site, as we do not have control over that content.
When you create your Online CV, you also agree to have your data transferred to any of our affiliate websites. This will enable us to supply you with our Services and, as part of it, make your profile more prominent. Visit your privacy settings page at any time to change your privacy preferences.
The analytics panel corresponding to each of your CVs will give you all the data regarding your Online CV, which may include (when available) the number of visits, visit dates, location of the visitor, source and the number of contact requests received in the last 30 days. Note that all of this information may not always be available. Owing to privacy, we might not provide the name of the individual viewing your Online CV. We do not guarantee the precision of the information on your Online CV analytics panel, nor the location of the individual viewing your Online CV, as some folks may be using blockers or VPNs to evade tracking technologies such as the one in your Online CV. Also, each time a third party visits your Online CV, the visit will automatically be featured on the Online CV analytics panel and will provide the user with the total number of visits grouped based on the following characteristics; source, country, city and time stamp. If the “Include your Online CV link” option is switched on for a particular CV, the visits that are credited to each link will be highlighted on the Online CV analytics panel along with the Online CV unique ID they originated from. By default, when the Online CV gets published, you will be given a web address with a unique identifier that will allow us to monitor and collect the above data. However, and although we will endeavour to provide you with accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy of any of the above tracking data or statistics displayed on your Online CV analytics panel.
Your Online CV will include the information you provided and agreed to publish, as well as a contact form that enables anyone with access to your Online CV link to request to contact you. WE WILL NOT DISCLOSE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS TO ANY THIRD PARTIES. However, we have no duty to prescreen information provided by you. This implies that if you choose to add your contact details in any part of your Online CV, it will be published and publicly accessible to everyone. Each time a third party views your Online CV and sends a contact request, we will send you an email notification with the contact information and message left by the third party (“Sender”). If you choose to continue communications with the Sender, you do so entirely at your own risk. Your communications with the Sender are not under the control of the Provider, and you acknowledge that the Provider is not responsible for any aspects of the content/information you receive from the Sender. If you opt to use our Online CV, you understand that (a) your Online CV will be available for anyone, including third parties, and that (b) your communication with such a third party will be at your own risk. The Provider does not make any representations or guarantees regarding the security of any information you might be asked to provide the Sender, and you irrevocably waive any claim against us concerning such communication and from the use of the Online CV. The Provider gives no guarantee that you will receive job opportunities or the job alert leads you wish for, nor that the communications received from the Sender will meet your requirements. The Provider is not responsible for any messages or hyperlinks embedded in messages obtained from the Sender. Under no circumstances will Provider be liable for any losses or damages caused by your reliance on the information from the Sender or your communication with the Sender. The Provider makes no attempt to review any contact request from the Sender for any purpose, including accuracy, legality or non-infringement.
As part of creating your Online CV, you may be offered an option to be featured on other Online CVs that share some of the same qualifications, work experience or titles (“Similar Profiles”). You can amend your preferences at any time, and then we will no longer feature your profile on other online CVs. We do not guarantee that you will be featured on any profile. You can come back at any time to set or alter your preferences. If you do not see your changes applied, please refresh your browser or contact our Customer Service team.
As part of the service, Provider may offer a free, publicly available, searchable database to which anyone can gain access. When you decide to publish a digital CV, you will be automatically included as part of the database and, unless you actively opt out, your digital CV will be searchable by anyone. We won’t display your address, telephone number or email address unless you’ve agreed to make this information available. When you create a digital CV, that information will be available for others to view, copy and use. Provider is not obliged to make available any information on the digital CV and can remove it at any time without notice. You can alter your privacy settings at any time by logging into your account and clicking on ‘My settings’. If you would prefer to keep your digital CV private, we will provide a unique link for you to share directly with third parties. Provider has no control over how third parties will use the information publicly visible on the database, and therefore you agree to share it at your own risk. Our searchable database will provide random results depending on the job title and location where potential employers are looking to recruit. Results are based on a computer system that provides outcomes that best match the words input into the search form. If you prefer your Online CV to remain private, please adjust your privacy preferences on your settings page and we will remove your profile from all search databases.
To the extent permitted by applicable law in your area, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provider and its directors, managers, workers, agents, distributors and associated parties from and against all accusations, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your use of Online CV and its inclusion in our public CV database (or Contact form if you are acting as a Sender).
Please be aware that cancelling your subscription will result in your Online CV ceasing to be published. Your Online CV can be unpublished by deactivating or deleting your Account. You can manage your Online CV by logging into your Account and accessing the relevant section. You can amend your Online CV content and design within the limitations of the feature, as well as manually make public and take down your Online CV. Please be aware that by retracting your Online CV, the contact form feature, as well as the tracking feature, will automatically be deactivated and your Online CV will not be accessible to third parties. Your Online CV may also be unpublished by deactivating or deleting your Account. When you ask for your Account to be deleted, your Online CV will no longer be visible. However, once your information is disclosed on Online CV, it may have already been previously accessed, stored and/or copied by others, and we are unable to delete the information from third parties’ systems. Sharing your Online CV with third parties is at your own risk. Once your Online CV is published, we have no control over your publicly available data.
If you are using the contact form available via the Online CV to contact any of the users, you are acting as a Sender. As the Sender, you recognise that Provider has no obligation to prescreen information supplied by you via the contact form. However, Provider reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prescreen, refuse or remove any information. By using the contact form on the Online CV, you are agreeing to these Terms and you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You recognise and agree that you have no expectation concerning privacy with regards to the transmission of the information (including your forename, surname and contact details) provided through the contact form. If the Provider screens, declines or removes any information supplied via the contact form, you acknowledge that such actions will be for the Provider’s benefit, not yours. Furthermore, you understand that the Provider does not guarantee the user will respond to your contact enquiry.
As Sender, you are required to provide accurate and genuine information in the contact form. You must not provide the contact details for anyone other than yourself. We shall send a copy of the information provided in the contact form to your email address.
Provider may offer “InterviewCheck”, an additional service that may help you prepare for your selection process. InterviewCheck enables you to respond to questions that might be employed in an actual job interview and offers you feedback on your answers. The questions prepared in advance by our experienced team members are example questions and we cannot guarantee they will appear in the actual job recruitment process.
These are open questions and we have no control over your answers. Provider makes no effort to review any input for any purpose, other than to provide you with feedback on your answers, including accuracy, legality or non-infringement. You agree that you are solely responsible for the correctness, lawfulness or non-infringement of your input. You warrant that you are the owner of the input and entitled to enter into these Terms, and that the input does not infringe the proprietary or privacy rights of any third party. You confirm that no such contribution will be subject to any obligation, of confidentiality or otherwise, to you or any other person and that Provider shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such contribution. We require that you do not supply any content that breaks any law or may be considered to be in breach of any law.
Once you’ve completed the simulation, we will provide a final score and summary based purely on your answers (hereinafter collectively: the “Summary”). The Summary will be a result of an automated interpretation of your responses. Provider does not make any representations or guarantees as to the Summary you receive. Your Summary is illustrative, and we cannot guarantee that it will produce the same results in a real-life recruitment process. Under no circumstances will Provider be liable for any losses or damages caused by your reliance on the Summary. The Provider makes no guarantee that the score or Summary received will meet your needs.
You can also access the Summary via a link that we can send to the email address you provided, upon your request. We strongly advise you to be careful when entering an email address. Should you input the incorrect email address or deliberately input another individual’s email address, third parties may gain access to your Summary. Please note that once you supply an email address, we have no control over how you or a third party will use your Summary. Due to privacy purposes, the link to the report will be active for a limited period of time. However, once a request to receive a link of your Summary is fulfilled, it may have been accessed, stored and/or copied by third parties, and we are unable to delete the information from their systems.
Please note that in some cases you may use the InterviewCheck as a Visitor. If that is that case, all provisions set out in these Terms that apply to Registered User will apply to you accordingly, specifically section 5–7 of these Terms.
CV storage service
As part of being a Registered User with an active Account in our system, Provider offers a CV and cover letter storing service free of charge. As long as you have an active combination of username and password, you will be able to access the documents you have created or uploaded into our system. As a Registered User you will always be able to view these documents, but will not be able to edit, print or share them unless you have an active subscription. This service will be available even after cancelling your Subscription, so you are able to come back at any time and have all your documents waiting for you. If you do not want us to keep your documents, you may request your data to be deleted by clicking here or by getting in touch with our customer service team.
Provider may make available CV Buttons to include in your CV. These buttons are interactive and will provide an additional contact method for employers that receive your CV. If you add a CV Button to your CV, then, when an employer receives your CV, they will be able to click on the button(s) and contact you through a form. The information included on the form is confidential and is only shared with third parties that are part of the job application procedure. By including CV Buttons on your CV, you agree to share your information with the employer and any third party that is part of the job application process.
Once an employer communicates with you through the CV Button™ feature, you will receive an email and a notification on your control panel. You may also sign up to receive text notifications – this function can be enabled or disabled on your Dashboard or via text message. The number of text notifications you will receive will depend on how many times you are contacted. Standard text message rates may apply.
The CV Buttons feature is optional and may not always be available. By including CV Buttons, you authorise us to share the information included on your CV and receive messages from employers who wish to contact you further.
All disclaimers, requirements and waivers previously stated in subsection (c) (Online CV), apply to the CV Buttons feature, including consent and acknowledgment by employers that we may inform customers via text message of the fact they have been contacted using CV Buttons.
Other career-enhancing services
As part of Provider services, you will be part of our career enhancing and professional development offerings that will provide you with a broader range of options to help you broaden your career. We want to help you get your CV out there and boost your career in any possible way. Therefore, Provider may display or send you information about available opportunities. By using our services, you also agree for Provider to share your information with third parties that we collaborate with and that assist us in the process of building career services. Sometimes, the sharing of information with third parties may involve a financial compensation. You may manage your privacy settings at any time by logging into your Account page and clicking on the settings section, or by contacting Customer Services.
As part of our services, our writers have drafted articles to help you in your career path. Our professional writers will always seek to deliver the most accurate information. However, their advice is not intended to constitute legal advice.
9. Payments and subscriptions
If you buy any services that Provider offers for a fee, either on a one-off or on a subscription basis, you agree that Provider’s third-party vendors may store your payment information. You also allow Provider, via such third-party vendors, to use the payment method on file to process your recurring subscription charges and to process unscheduled purchase transactions made by you through the Site. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for the services you order (including, without limitation, periodic fees for monthly or yearly subscriptions, or any additional administrative charges that may be applied) as they become due plus all related taxes, and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. There are various services offered that do not require payment and can be accessed by any Visitor or Registered User, such as using our CV builder, which includes using our proprietary content and downloading a .txt version of your CV. You can also browse our Site, check our posts and download available content for your personal use. Other additional features may require a payment.
Once your subscription is active, it will automatically renew, as detailed on the offer page, until you terminate the contract. Subscription fee is charged in advance, at the end of each billing cycle. Any recurring charge will be set at the price agreed to at the time of purchase. The specific invoicing terms for the services you order are described on the offer page on the Site and on the payment confirmation page. The payment will be collected via the payment method chosen by you, detailed in your Account. Payments are collected on the basis of the information provided by the User regarding the payment method used for this purpose (e.g. credit card). Please be aware that when you receive an updated credit card, as part of their service your credit card provider may inform us of the update and provide us with the revised card details. This service is not regulated by the Provider and your credit card merchant bears full responsibility.
When you sign up for automatic or recurring payments, you will again be notified of the payment terms and how to stop recurring payments on your transaction receipt. In the event that your payment method does not successfully process, you authorise us to complete a partial payment of the balance available on your card. The outstanding balance will be charged in a separate transaction either to the same card or any other card on file.
For unplanned purchases, such as individual CV downloads, prints or emails, when such purchases are available, you agree that the Provider will charge your payment method on record for each of such an unplanned purchase, individually, at the time of purchase. Such individual transactions are final and, therefore, if you want a new modified version of your downloaded, printed or emailed CV, this will require a separate purchase.
Provider may offer certain premium services, such as CV Review, CV Writing, Premium Career Report and Cover Letter Writing which may not be included in the cost of Provider’s basic subscription services. Failure to pay for these premium services, if purchased, may result in the termination of your subscription. Furthermore, any trial offers may give you access to certain limited services and include one download, print or email only, with additional downloads, prints or emails to be charged separately during the trial period. Please read your trial offer carefully. Provider may offer different prices and offers depending on your choices and inputs.
Depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used, and the country in which your payment method was issued, your transaction may incur currency conversion fees or differences in prices due to exchange rates. Your transaction may also be subject to foreign currency conversion fees levied by your bank or card provider. Provider is not liable for any foreign currency exchange fees or surcharges and will not make any compensation or reimbursement for charges imposed by your bank or card issuer. Provider does not support all payment methods, currencies or locations for payment. If the payment method you use with us, such as a credit card, reaches its expiry date and you do not amend your payment method details or cancel your Account or the applicable service, you authorise us to continue billing that payment method and you remain liable for any uncollected amounts. Your obligation to pay fees continues throughout the subscription period until you cancel your subscription. All applicable taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide us at the time of purchase.
Provider reserves the right to alter prices for services at any time, subject to the terms as set out in clause 3 (Modifications).
You may cancel your subscription at any time by getting in touch with our customer service department or by visiting the online cancellation page under My accounts and My settings. Provider will send an email with a cancellation reference to confirm any cancellation request.
If you do not receive this confirmation and still wish to cancel, please get in touch with our customer service department directly for further assistance. Provider may issue a refund if notice of cancellation of your subscription is provided before the end of the initial period, if such an initial period is offered. The Subscriber is entitled to cancel the subscription at any time free of additional charges with effect to the end of the current billing cycle. If you cancel your subscription during the billing period, it will stay active until the end of that billing period. Subscription charges for the remaining part of the billing period are not refundable. The Agreement will be terminated at the end of the billing period for which the last payment was made, and upon termination you lose further access to our Services. Registered Account remains active until you request to terminate it.
If you use our Services as a consumer, you have the right to withdraw from the Terms agreed with the Provider without stating a reason by submitting a cancellation of contract declaration to the Provider. The withdrawal period is fourteen (14) days from the date of the contract being finalised. Cancelling your contract does not require you to incur any costs. Once you exercise your right, the Provider may immediately cease providing Services.
The notice for cancelling your contract can be sent to the postal address specified in clause 28 with the note “Cancellation of contract” or by an email to email@example.com with a subject similar to “Cancellation of contract”. The statement should clearly indicate the will to withdraw from the Agreement. The statement may also be submitted on the form presented in Appendix 1 to these Regulations.
In order to meet the deadline for cancellation of the contract, you must send information about cancellation of the contract before the deadline indicated above.
You acknowledge that any services that you purchase are subject to these Terms and any additional terms related to the provision of any product or service.
11. Our intellectual property, trade marks and copyrights
Except with regard to your User Content and other Registered Users’ Content, you concur that, as between you and us, Provider (along with our associated companies and suppliers) holds any rights, title and interest in the Service and all tools, and all related intellectual property rights. The Service as a whole is copyrighted as a collective work, and individual works or content appearing on or accessible through the Site owned by or licensed to Provider or its content providers, are likewise subject to copyright protection, both domestically and internationally. Likewise, all data files, programme files, software, code, proprietary methods, systems and other materials that are made available to download from or used to provide the Service (“Materials”), may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission and the prior written permission of the applicable licensors. The Materials are protected by copyright, patents, trade secrets and other proprietary rights.
You must adhere to all copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in or attached to any of our Materials. Nothing in this Agreement grants you any right to receive delivery of a copy of our Materials or to obtain access to our Materials, except as generally and ordinarily permitted through the Service according to these Terms. Certain names, logos, distinctive features, source identifiers and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services, including its ‘look and feel’, constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks, trade dress or logos (“Trademarks”) of us or other entities. All Trademarks not owned by Provider that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorised to use any such Trade Marks. Ownership of all such Trademarks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities. Unless you first gain the copyright owner’s prior written permission, you may not copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform (in the case of sound recordings), or create derivative works from any copyrighted work made available or accessible via the Service. You shall not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Service.
12. Your use of materials
Your right to use the Service and any Materials or other content showing on it is subject to your compliance with these Terms. Modification or use of the Material or any other content on the Service for any purpose not permitted by these Terms may constitute an infringement of our intellectual property rights (see clause 11 above), as protected by law and these Terms, and as such is prohibited.
You may duplicate, access, download and exhibit Materials and all other content displayed on the Service for non-commercial, personal or entertainment use on a single computer only. The Materials and all other content on the Service may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, distributed, licensed or used in any way unless specifically authorised by Provider. Any authorisation to copy or download Materials granted by Provider in any part of the Service for any reason is restricted to making a single copy for non-commercial, personal and entertainment use on a single computer only, and is subject to your keeping intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Using any Materials on any other website or networked computer environment is forbidden. Additionally, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on the Service into a comprehensible form in order to examine the construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software is forbidden (please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy for more details).
Your statutory rights and your other rights derived from Directive 2009/24/EC of 23 April 2009 on the legal protection of computer programmes, implemented accordingly by each Member State, remain unaffected. Apart from exemptions to the restricted acts, all and any activities necessitate authorisation by the Provider.
13. Public discourse and forums
The Service may include various message boards, chat rooms, community pages, comments or chat features, or other forums (“Forums”) where you can post User Content, including, but not limited to, your observations and comments on designated topics and on others’ User Content. Provider cannot guarantee that other Users will not use the ideas and information that you disclose. Therefore, if you have information or an idea that you would like to keep private and/or do not want others to use, do not post it publicly on the Service. When you disclose information or rely on any information in the Forums, you do so at your own risk. Provider reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the Forums, or any postings or other materials that you or other users transmit or post on the Forums, to alter or remove any such materials, and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Service properly or to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. Furthermore, you acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in these Forums and that people participating in such Forums may occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, abusive or even unlawful. Provider neither endorses nor is responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or any other utterance made or displayed in the Forums by you or the other users. The views shared in the Forums solely represent the views of yourself and/or the other users and may not mirror the views of Provider. Provider is not liable for any mistakes or oversights in posts, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of information contained in the Forums. Under no circumstances will Provider be held accountable for any losses or damages caused by your reliance on the information in the Forums or posted User Content or your usage of the Forums or User Content. ANY USE OF THE FORUMS WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AS STATED IN THESE TERMS.
14. Invited Submissions
From time to time, areas on the Site might explicitly request submissions of ideas or enhancements through promotions, surveys or otherwise (“Invited Submissions”). Sometimes the Provider may incentivise users to partake in Invited Submissions. Where this is the situation, please carefully read any Additional Terms that govern those submissions, as these will affect your legal rights. If no Additional Terms govern those submissions, then these Terms will apply in full to any Invited Submissions you make. IN ANY EVENT, ANY MATERIALS YOU SEND TO US WILL NOT BE TREATED AS PRIVATE. Irrespective of any industry custom or practice, we will not pay you for the use of any content or submissions that you submit to the Site. Provider may use such content and submissions as user testimonials.
15. Disclaimer regarding endorsements and Social Counters
The Service may contain testimonials and views (“Testimonials”) by users of our services. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of these users. However, these experiences are personal to those specific users, and may not necessarily be representative of all users of our services. We do not assert, and you should not presume, that all users will have the same experience. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY DIFFER.
The testimonials on the Service are submitted in different formats like text, audio, and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being published. They appear on the Service as provided by the users, apart from correction of any grammatical errors or typos. Some testimonials may have been shortened for the sake of brevity where the full testimonial contained additional information not relevant to the general public. Photos added next to testimonials might not always represent the individual giving the testimonial. The views and opinions contained in the endorsements belong solely to the individual user and do not reflect our views and opinions. We are not connected with users who offer testimonials, and users are not paid in cash or rewarded for their testimonials, unless the testimonial forms part of an incentivised Invited Submission.
Provider may display number of users or customers that have made a purchase, created a CV or covering letter, or built any type of document on our Site (“Social Counter”). This information is regularly updated, but it may rely on third-party tools that aren’t always under the Provider’s control. In some instances, a Social Counter may be shown next to a disclaimer which may contain additional information on how the figure was worked out.
16. Copyright and infringement notification policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and encourage you to do likewise. As such, we have a policy of removing content that infringes the intellectual property rights of others, suspending access to the Service (or any part thereof) to any user who uses the Service in breach of someone else’s intellectual property rights, and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the Account of any user who uses the Service in breach of someone else’s intellectual property rights.
- Submitting a notification for removing infringing content. We have put into action procedures for accepting written notifications of alleged copyright infringements and for handling these claims in line with relevant law (including 17 U.S.C. § 512 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)). If you believe your copyright or other intellectual property right is being infringed upon by a user of this Site, please provide written notice to our agent for notice of claims of infringement at either:
For the Attention of: BOLD Ltd, DMCA Designated Agent,
To ensure the issue is dealt with promptly, your written notice must:
- Include your physical or electronic signature;
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed upon;
- Identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to enable us to locate that material;
- Include sufficient information to enable us to contact you (including postal address, telephone number and email address);
- Include a declaration that you hold a legitimate belief that the use of the copyrighted material or other intellectual property is not sanctioned by the owner, the owner’s representative or the law.
- Contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- Include a declaration, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property right.
Unless the notice relates to copyright or other intellectual property infringement, the agent will be unable to address the listed concern.
- Submitting a counter-notification. We will inform you that we have taken away or deactivated access to copyrighted material that you supplied if such removal is in response to a legitimately received DMCA take-down notice. In reply, if you believe the material was taken down or disabled erroneously or due to a misidentification of the material, you may provide our representative with a written counter-notice that comprises the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been taken down or to which access has been disabled, and the location where the material was displayed before it was taken down or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of an error or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, postal address and telephone number, and a declaration that you agree to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your postal address is located, or, if your postal address is outside of the United States of America, for any judicial district in which we may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the individual who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such individual.
- Termination of repeat infringers. We retain the right, at our absolute discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of this Site or Service who is the subject of repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
Provider aims to maintain any and all exclusions from liability that may be available under the copyright law, but does not necessarily stipulate that it is a service provider as defined in CSC section 512(c) or elsewhere.
17. User interactions and release
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service. If you have a dispute with one or more users (including traders), you hereby release the Provider Group (defined in clause 18) from any claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses and damages (actual and consequential of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes). By entering into this release, you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) to the extent allowed by applicable law, which would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favour at the time of agreeing to this release.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Provider regarding the Services under these Terms and their operation.
Complaints with regards to matters related to the provision of Services should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, unless the Provider indicates on the Site a different email address to which such correspondence should be sent. The grievance should include:
- your identification details (email address or contact details, respectively);
- an indication of the service in question;
- the subject of the grievance;
If the complaint does not include the aforementioned information, the Provider may request it to be supplemented. Should the complaint not include the requisite information to identify you, the Provider retains the right to disregard said complaint without evaluation. Provider will respond to your complaint within fourteen (14) days of receiving it. If the complaint is incomplete, the term commences after you update the complaint. Provider’s decision regarding the complaint will be sent to you via the email address given in the complaint. Provider reserves the right to extend the period stated above by no more than ten (10) days – if the investigation of the complaint requires extraordinary, unique measures and arrangements, or encounters difficulties independent of and not attributable to Provider (equipment breakdown, internet network failure, etc.).
19. Limitation of liability
We are not liable for its non-performance or improper performance of the agreement which was a result of circumstances for which we are not liable, in particular due to use of the Account by you in a manner inconsistent with the Terms, like uploading and dissemination of unlawful content, as well as for damages arising in connection with making the account available to unauthorised persons.
Provider is not liable to third parties for damages arising from or in connection with the use of Services inconsistent with the Terms.
Provider is also not liable for:
- any damages caused to third parties as a result of using the Services by you in a manner inconsistent with the Regulations or the law;
- content provided by you as a result of using the Services that breaches the law or the rights of third parties safeguarded by law;
- information and materials uploaded, posted or sent by yourself;
- loss of your data caused by external factors (e.g., hardware failure) or other circumstances for which Provider is not accountable (third-party actions), including those caused by the User;
- lack of continuity in the provision of Services, resulting from circumstances for which Provider is not accountable (in particular force majeure, and acts and omissions of third parties).
Notwithstanding the above, Provider is not responsible for any damages, including loss of profits, unless the damage was intentionally caused by Provider.
In any event, the Provider’s liability relating to the execution of the contract is confined to actual and direct damages.
To the extent allowed by applicable law in your jurisdiction, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provider and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your breach of these Terms, including any of the foregoing provisions, representations, warranties or conditions, and/or from your placement or transmission of any content onto Provider’s servers, and/or from any and all use of your Account.
Provider reserves the right to investigate suspected breaches of these Terms, including, without limitation, any breach arising from any submissions, postings or emails you submit or send to any Forum. Provider may attempt to collect information from the user who is suspected of breaching these Terms and from any other user. Provider may suspend any users whose behaviour or posts are under investigation and may remove such materials from its servers as it sees fit and without notice. If the Provider believes, at its absolute discretion, that a breach of these Terms has occurred, it may take any corrective action it deems fitting, as permitted by applicable law. Provider will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Provider to disclose the identity of anyone posting any emails, or publishing or otherwise making available any materials that are believed to breach these Terms. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS ALL MEMBERS OF THE SUPPLIER GROUP FROM ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY MEMBER OF THE SUPPLIER GROUP DURING OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS, AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A RESULT OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER A MEMBER OF THE SUPPLIER GROUP OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
22. Third-party websites
The Service may connect you to other websites on the Internet that might not be affiliated with Provider. These sites may contain information about job vacancies, employers, job candidates or materials that some people might find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites are not under the control of the Provider, and you acknowledge that (whether or not such sites are affiliated in any way with the Provider), the Provider is not responsible for the accuracy of job adverts, employer descriptions, candidate CVs, legality, decency or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not denote endorsement of any site by the Provider or any association with its operators. If you choose to use such third-party sites, and/or if you choose to ‘click’ on a link or button, you understand that (a) you will be exiting our Site and (b) your use of any such third-party sites will be subject to any terms and conditions, and privacy policies stipulated by the relevant third-party provider(s). Provider does not make any statements or guarantees regarding the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be asked to provide to any third party, and you irrevocably renounce any claim against us with respect to such sites. We strongly encourage you to exercise caution prior to sharing any sensitive information (e.g. national insurance numbers or financial information) with any third party, and to carry out any investigation you deem necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any communications with any of these third parties.
Ratings displayed by third-party tools are not controlled by the Provider, and these might be displayed as part of an API integration or uploaded as designs that are reviewed for precision and correctness. Provider works hard to maintain the most accurate data, but sometimes we rely on third-party systems which may be under our control.
23. Governing law
To the maximum degree allowable by the relevant jurisdiction, these Terms shall be governed by, and interpreted and enforced, in accordance with the laws applicable to the retail outlet location that processed your payment. Thus, for transactions processed by BOLD LLC, the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, shall apply. For any claims related to activities performed by Auxiliant S.à.r.l. on behalf of Bold LLC, the laws of Luxembourg shall apply.
The above does not prejudice the protection of EU consumers provided by the compulsory provisions of the laws of the EU country where the consumer has their usual residence. In other instances, this contract is subject to the laws of the State of New York (USA).
Accordingly, both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York or Luxembourg, which means that in order to enforce your rights under these Terms, you may initiate a claim in a court in New York or Luxembourg or in the EU country where you reside.
These Terms shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
24. Settlements and arbitration
Please read this carefully if you are a resident of the United States of America, as this affects your rights. Depending on your place of domicile, these Terms may not be applicable to you.
- UK Residents. To the greatest extent allowed by law, excluding disputes relating to the Provider’s intellectual property rights and certain statutory claims that according to law, are non-arbitrable and any kind of dispute between you and the Provider arising under these Terms shall be resolved through binding arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures on an individual basis with no group relief. The arbitrator shall be a retired judge or justice of any New York state or federal court with substantial experience in the internet industry and shall follow New York substantive law in adjudicating the dispute, except that this clause 24 shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). You and we agree that we intend that this section 24 satisfies the ‘in writing’ requirement of the FAA. The hearing shall be conducted in the county that encompasses the invoicing address you have supplied to Provider. For any claim in which you seek GBP 7,500.00 or less, you shall have the choice as to whether the hearing is conducted in person or by telephone, or to instead have the arbitrator decide on the dispute without a hearing. For those claims that the arbitrator determines are not frivolous, Provider shall pay the costs and fees of JAMS and the arbitrator. Provider agrees that it will not seek repayment from You for its costs and fees incurred by it in the arbitration. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND A WAIVER OF THE ABILITY TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM IN A GROUP ACTION.
- Non-US residents. If any controversy, allegation or claim (including any non-contractual claim) arises out of or is related to the Site or these Terms, please contact us directly by sending a written notice to email@example.com. For a period of thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Provider and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the dispute, though nothing will require either you or Provider to resolve the dispute on terms that either you or Provider, in each of our sole discretion, are uncomfortable with. Nothing in this section will prevent a party from pursuing their claims in court or another complaint procedure.
Owing to the fact that we prefer to settle notifications directly with our users, we do not engage in alternative dispute resolution procedures for consumers or a Online Dispute Resolution platform. If you would like to draw our attention to certain matters, please get in touch with us.
25. Local regulations/laws
You are responsible for abiding by local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
26. Electronic communications
The communications between you and the Provider may be made through electronic means, whether you visit the Service or send the Provider emails, or whether the Provider posts notices on the Service or communicates with you via email. We will correspond with you using a variety of electronic communication channels, including email, but also by posting messages or notices on the Site or as part of other Site functionalities, such as the User Panel or Dashboard. For contractual purposes, you (1) agree to receive communications from Provider in an electronic format; and (2) accept that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Provider provides to you electronically, meet any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in written form. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the full agreement between you and the Provider pertaining to the matters detailed here and the Site.
28. CONTACT US
The Site is controlled and operated by Supplier. Whether you access the services through any of our internet properties or family of Sites, you can contact the Provider using the information provided herein. Please forward any comments or complaints about the Site to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to BOLD LLC, City View Plaza II, Suite 6000, Guaynabo, PR 00968, United States of America or to Auxiliant S.à.r.l., 1A, rue Thomas Edison, L-1445 Strassen, Luxembourg.