Professional waitress CV examples
A perfect waitress CV sets out the experience and skills that you bring to a new job, like working with customers, food and beverage knowledge, managing stock, and using point of sale systems. It does this in a clear, recruiter-friendly way by outlining your work history, responsibilities, and key achievements.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Waitress CV example
Reviewing a waitress CV example gives you a great opportunity to see what recruiters expect, and think about how you’d write about your own career. Here's what makes our CV example perfect:
- A brief personal statement: In less than 50 words, the candidate has told the recruiter she's got excellent customer service skills, knows how to analyse and solve problems, and can handle a busy restaurant and kitchen.
- Highlighting key responsibilities: By highlighting key duties for each job, the candidate has shown that she's capable of gaining new skills. Including a broad range of skills – like excellent customer service and preparing food at the table – shows off versatility.
- Including certifications: While most waitressing jobs don’t require qualifications, this candidate stands out because she holds a Level 3 in Hospitality Supervision, and could be a head waitress.
- Using numbers: By using numbers to back up claims she's made, such as the 12% increase in positive customer ratings, this waitress shows just how successful she is.
- A built-out Skills section: Notice how there’s a full range of hard and soft skills mentioned, from point of sale system operation to an outgoing, positive attitude.
Frequently asked questions about waitress CVs
What makes a good waitress?
What makes a good waitress is the ability to keep providing friendly, helpful restaurant service:
- A friendly attitude to customers.
- A detailed knowledge of the items on the menu.
- An understanding of food hygiene standards.
- Paying close attention to the overall dining experience.
- An ability to upsell specific products to meet targets.
Our CV builder helps you showcase these qualities in your CV – start now!
What are the qualities of a good waitress?
A good waitress needs to demonstrate the following qualities:
- An understanding of food and drinks.
- Familiarity with how a restaurant works.
- A strong work ethic.
- Great customer service.
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills.
What qualifications do you need to be a waitress?
Although you don’t need formal qualifications to be a waitress, the following could help:
- An understanding of various cuisines and a personal interest in food preparation.
- Professional certifications, such as an NVQ in Hospitality Supervision.
- An excellent memory for orders and special dietary requirements.
- The ability to multi-task.
Important skills for your waitress CV
The skills you include on your waitress CV will make it clear that you have the ability to work in a range of dining establishments and can handle customers, other members of staff, and technical issues like stock control.
Must-have skills for a waitress
- Restaurant cleaning requirements
- Food and beverage specialist
- Food safety understanding
- High-volume restaurant dining
- Menu knowledge
- Point of Sale (POS) system operation
- Special dietary requirements
- Understanding of alcohol legislation
Related skills to help your waitress CV stand out
- Upbeat, outgoing and positive
- Good verbal communication
- High fitness levels
- Able to multi-task
- Hard working
- Works as part of a team
- An understanding of various cuisines
Build your perfect waitress CV
Once you choose a CV template we’ve designed and start to work with our CV builder, you’ll be just minutes away from creating the waitress CV that will take your career to the next level.
The format and structure keep things concise, and our tips help you to maximise the impact of your skills. Take a look at our CV examples and then create your own perfect waitress CV.