Successful Barista CV Examples
A well-prepared barista CV showcases strong knowledge of the service industry, as well as an ability to make drinks and deal with customers. From key skills like coffee art, to vital experience such as customer service, your CV summarises your expertise concisely with a professional layout.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
A professional barista CV example
Our barista CV example shows you what a professional CV should look like:
- Relevant: Employers are busy and don’t want to have to wade through long CVs. The barista has focused on just their most relevant skills and experience, creating a short, impactful CV.
- Key skills: Since the job is customer facing, customer service is a key skill. This barista CV example showcases various aspects of customer service, including a friendly nature and a positive attitude.
- Bullet points: By separating their duties into bullet points, the candidate makes it easy for recruiters to read about their responsibilities, both as a barista and e.
- Easy to skim read: The candidate has used a professional looking design with headings for Work History, Skills, and Education to make the CV easy to skim read.
- Attitude: Using words such as “reliable”, “teamwork”, and “efficient” shows employers that the candidate has the right attitude for the role they’re seeking.
Tips on writing a perfect barista CV
The best barista CVs will show off not just your knowledge in the sector, but also your individual charm. Here are 5 top tips to help you do just that:
- Specific skills: If you’ve worked in the industry before, you’ll have specific skills, like food handling and espresso machine operation, that other candidates may not possess. Take the opportunity and highlight what you can offer.
- Teamwork: Baristas work within a team on a daily basis, so the employer will want to know they can trust the individual to work well with others. Give examples of how you’ve worked in a team to problem solve and reach an end goal.
- No irrelevant information: Extra qualifications and experience in other fields are handy to represent your versatility but it shouldn’t be a huge part of a barista CV. Instead, focus on your invaluable experience and skills, or relevant qualifications like a VRQ in Barista Skills.
- Willingness to learn: The experience you gained as a trainee in the customer service industry is a good signpost to your willingness to learn. To set yourself apart from other candidates, present yourself as someone who is a fast learner, and keen to complete tasks efficiently and correctly.
- Personal charm: The most exciting part about putting together your barista CV is showing off your charm. Employers are more likely to be interested if they are confident you have the ability to be friendly to customers and communicate well with teammates.
Important skills for your barista CV
Required skills for a barista job
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Health and safety knowledge
Additional skills to help your barista CV stand out
- First aid
- Money management
- Organisational skills
- Inventory management
- Coffee art
- Equipment knowledge
Build your perfect barista CV
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career as a barista, our expert CV builder is ready and waiting to help you land your ideal job.
Choose a professionally designed CV template, then fill in the blanks with your personal experiences, skills, and work history.