Auto Mechanic Apprentice CV Sample
Professional SummaryI have been working with cars and maintaining mechanical equipment for a number of years. A recent school leaver, I have developed a number of skills with fault finding and repair on my own vehicle. I am currently studying for a qualification in vehicle maintenance and carry out minor repair works at a leading high street retailer of car spares and components. I have a track record of offering good customer service as well as being able to discover the root causes of common mechanical problems.
Core QualificationsLevel 2 Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance (Currently in progress with Example College)
- Diploma in Car Maintenance for beginners.
- IMI accredited.
- FIXIT Bicycle Maintenance trained.
Academic QualificationsAS levels: Technology and Design (C) and Art (C)6 GCSEs in English, Technology, Art, Maths, Science and History
- Ability to fault find with both diesel and petrol engines.
- Experienced with stripping down components and being able to reassemble them.
- Developed a good working knowledge of bicycle maintenance and discovered many transferable skills relevant to auto repair situations.
Work ExperienceSales Assistant, May 2015to present
- Responsible for dealing with customer enquiries and recommending products such as windscreen wipers and light bulbs.
- Gained experience fitting minor components to the vehicles of customers.
- Developed skills in stock rotation and re-ordering using a computer, when appropriate.
- Gained experience working in a mechanic's workshop and all of the relevant heath and safety regulations.
- Was responsible for labelling and making notes of any components that were removed from customers' vehicles.
- Changed suspension systems and provided new shock absorbers on a variety models.