Auto Mechanic Apprentice CV Sample
The car maintenance industry requires many types of skills from apprentices these days. In order to get a job in the sector you will need a carefully written CV that highlights all of your abilities. It is fair to say that making the most of your relevant experience is important, but you ought to bear in mind that other, transferable skills are often just as crucial for making your apprenticeship application stand out from others. By using our free auto mechanic apprentice CV sample you will make sure that all of the information expected is covered along with the correct format needed for a high-quality CV.
Auto Mechanic Apprentice CV Sample/Ed Du Plessis/1 Example Road, Example City/07632 firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional SummaryI have been working with cars and maintaining mechanical equipment for a number of years. A recent school leaver, I have developed a number of skills with fault finding and repair on my own vehicle. I am currently studying for a qualification in vehicle maintenance and carry out minor repair works at a leading high street retailer of car spares and components. I have a track record of offering good customer service as well as being able to discover the root causes of common mechanical problems.
Core QualificationsLevel 2 Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance (Currently in progress with Example College)
- Diploma in Car Maintenance for beginners.
- IMI accredited.
- FIXIT Bicycle Maintenance trained.
Academic QualificationsAS levels: Technology and Design (C) and Art (C)6 GCSEs in English, Technology, Art, Maths, Science and History
- Ability to fault find with both diesel and petrol engines.
- Experienced with stripping down components and being able to reassemble them.
- Developed a good working knowledge of bicycle maintenance and discovered many transferable skills relevant to auto repair situations.
Work ExperienceSales Assistant, May 2015to present
- Responsible for dealing with customer enquiries and recommending products such as windscreen wipers and light bulbs.
- Gained experience fitting minor components to the vehicles of customers.
- Developed skills in stock rotation and re-ordering using a computer, when appropriate.
- Gained experience working in a mechanic's workshop and all of the relevant heath and safety regulations.
- Was responsible for labelling and making notes of any components that were removed from customers' vehicles.
- Changed suspension systems and provided new shock absorbers on a variety models.