Electrician CV Example
The perfect electrician CV outlines the qualifications, experience, and skills you’ll bring to the role you’ve applied for. It focuses on electrical repair and installation experience, and your commitment to working safely - but doesn’t forget to include additional certifications and soft skills.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Electrician CV examples
Our CV example shows just what recruiters expect from an electrician CV. Here’s what this candidate has done so well:
- A high-impact summary: In just 34 words the professional summary references 12 years of work experience, electrical circuitry expertise, and knowledge of the latest tools and equipment.
- Using appropriate language: This CV example uses technical language such as circuit breakers and ammeters, which the recruiter will expect you to understand.
- Including keywords: Many companies use applicant tracking software to scan for keywords. This CV example has included keywords like ‘safe’, ‘safety’, and ‘equipment’, to make sure they pass these important filters.
- Referencing standards: Mentioning the BS 7671 Code Regulations shows recruiters that this candidate is familiar with key industry standards.
- A clear, uncluttered look and feel: This candidate understands that a CV needs to be as neat and tidy as the wiring you do. Visually distinct sections and good use of headers help this CV to create a professional impression.
Frequently asked questions about electrician CVs
Are electricians in demand in the UK?
Electricians are in demand in the UK – so much so that there’s a shortage in the sector:
- The introduction of new green technologies means that thousands more electricians are needed.
- The government is building a million new homes, which will need to be wired by qualified electricians.
- People will need electricians more in the future as electricity offers a cleaner form of energy.
Take advantage of the skills shortage and apply for a new role! Start by building your CV.
What qualifications do I need to be an electrician in the UK?
The minimum UK qualification for a professional electrician is a level 3 qualification like a diploma in electrotechnical services.
- You can study for a diploma while working as an apprentice electrician.
- GCSEs in Maths and English will also be an advantage.
- It’s possible to become qualified just as a domestic electrician, but this limits the work you can do.
Key skills for your electrician CV
The skills included in your electrician CV show the recruiter that you’ve worked in a range of settings and understand different aspects of the job such as circuits, electrical panels, and electrical raceways.
Essential skills for electrician positions
- Certified Electrical License
- Construction management
- Electrical panel upgrades
- Safety and compliance
- Electrical installation and repair
- Commusoft database software use
- BS 7671 code regulations
Additional skills to help your electrician CV beat the competition
- Project management
- Attention to detail
- Staff management
- Problem solving
- Ability to assess risks
Build the perfect electrician CV
Showing that you’re perfect for the job begins with the perfect CV. Our electrician CV templates give you the framework and structure, and our CV builder pulls everything together.
When you’ve finished, you’ll have a brilliant CV that lists your skills, highlights your achievements, and showcases your professionalism perfectly.