Maintenance Assistant CV Sample
Professional SummaryA competent and able maintenance assistant with exceptional skills in a wide range of maintenance and repairs to buildings, fixtures and fittings as well as equipment and machinery. Able to use a variety of hand and power tools as well as wood and metalworking machinery for various jobs. Can carry out painting and decorating. Excellent problem solving skills and very resourceful. Works well as part of a team and on a rota basis, including out of hours and weekends for emergency call-outs. Able to handle a heavy workload and juggle multiple priorities. Exceptional health and safety knowledge with in-house training undertaken, including in risk assessments, permits to work and safe systems of work to safeguard self and other employees. Well organised, excellent time-keeper and a great communicator. Able to keep accurate records and logs. Now looking to develop skills and have more responsibility within an expanding company.
- NVQ Level 2 in Building Maintenance.
- NVQ Level 2 in Wood Occupations.
- St John Ambulance First Aid At Work.
Academic QualificationsGCSEs: English (C), Maths (C)
- Wide-reaching knowledge of maintenance techniques and solutions for buildings, furnishings, fixtures and fittings as well as equipment and machinery.
- Health and safety trained - able to write and follow risk assessments for various jobs.
- Good written skills.
- Excellent communicator with people at all levels.
- Physically fit and able to handle a heavy workload.
ExperienceMaintenance Assistant| Sunnyside Residential School | June 2008 | present
- Part of the facilities team carrying out maintenance and repairs to school buildings, equipment and machinery.
- Gathering in maintenance requests and maintaining accurate logs and records.
- Collecting essential maintenance supplies from wholesalers.
- Participating in ongoing training.
- Member of the maintenance team responsible for maintaining and repairing clients' houses and following a rolling maintenance program.