Auto Mechanic CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryI have been working with cars and maintaining mechanical equipment for a number of years. A recent school leaver, I have developed a number of skills with fault finding and repair on my own vehicle. I am currently studying for a qualification in vehicle maintenance and carry out minor repair works at a leading high street retailer of car spares and components. I have a track record of offering good customer service as well as being able to discover the root causes of common mechanical problems.
Core QualificationsLevel 2 Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance (Currently in progress with Example College)
- Diploma in Car Maintenance for beginners.
- IMI accredited.
- FIXIT Bicycle Maintenance trained.
Academic QualificationsAS levels: Technology and Design (C) and Art (C)6 GCSEs in English, Technology, Art, Maths, Science and History
- Ability to fault find with both diesel and petrol engines.
- Experienced with stripping down components and being able to reassemble them.
- Developed a good working knowledge of bicycle maintenance and discovered many transferable skills relevant to auto repair situations.
Work ExperienceSales Assistant, May 2015to present
- Responsible for dealing with customer enquiries and recommending products such as windscreen wipers and light bulbs.
- Gained experience fitting minor components to the vehicles of customers.
- Developed skills in stock rotation and re-ordering using a computer, when appropriate.
- Gained experience working in a mechanic's workshop and all of the relevant heath and safety regulations.
- Was responsible for labelling and making notes of any components that were removed from customers' vehicles.
- Changed suspension systems and provided new shock absorbers on a variety models.