Manager CV Examples
The perfect manager CV outlines the managerial roles you’ve held to date, with details of the commercial impact you delivered, the number of employees you managed, and the processes you were in charge of. It also lists the kind of skills recruiters are looking for such as negotiation, staff development, and verbal communication.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Manager CV eaamples
Our perfect CV example shows you what a high impact CV really looks like. Here are 5 key lessons to learn from this manager:
- A professional first impression: The candidate chose a classic CV template that sets the tone for their application as a highly professional candidate.
- A high-impact personal statement: It may be less than 60 words long, but this paragraph manages to touch on key areas of management like scheduling, materials, and budget management.
- The right language: The language used includes specific phrases you’d expect from a highly qualified manager, such as ‘client operations’ and ‘assignment delegation’.
- Clear job titles: It’s easy to see how the candidate has progressed thanks to their use of standard job titles. Even if the actual title was different, the candidate has stuck to titles that any employer would understand.
- A broad range of skills: While the skills listed are selected for their relevance, they also include a broad range of keywords like ‘analysis’ and ‘project management’, which recruiters expect to see.
Frequently asked questions about manager CVs
How long should a manager's CV be?
A manager’s CV should be 1-2 A4 sides. Here are some ways to keep it concise, even if you’re an experienced candidate:
- Edit your Skills section to include only those that are relevant to the job.
- Use bullet points to fit lots of information into a smaller space.
- Only mention the highest level of educational qualifications you’ve attained, unless the subject matter is particularly relevant.
Get more professional advice on building a short but impactful CV in our CV builder. Start now!
What are the 3 types of management?
The 3 types of management are:
- Democratic: works with consensus and the opinions of the team.
- Autocratic: demands results through punishments and threats.
- Laissez-faire: leaves members of a team to manage themselves.
Generally, great managers will use a mix of all 3 styles to coach and motivate their teams.
Essential skills for your manager CV
The skills listed on your manager CV should show that you’re an experienced manager who handles people and processes to deliver great results.
Key skills for management positions
- Client assessment and analysis
- Strong verbal communication
- Team player
- Project management
- Team management
- Leadership skills
- Able to motivate others
- Staff development
- Key accounts and territory management
Related skills to help your manager CV beat the competition
- Conflict resolution
- Calmness under pressure
- Responsive to changing situations
- Excellent at networking
- Powerful negotiator
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical thinking
Build your perfect manager CV
Build your perfect manager CV today by selecting one of our CV templates and shaping your skills, knowledge, and experience using our CV builder.
The finished document will showcase your management expertise and highlight what you have to offer. It’s the quickest, easiest way to take the next step in your career.