Dentist CV Examples
Frequently Asked Questions About Dentist CVs
How do I prepare for a dental interview?
Prepare for a dental interview by learning as much as possible about the dental practice you’re applying to:
- Study the job specification to understand exactly what they’re looking for.
- Find out if they focus on general dentistry or specialise in areas such as dental hygiene, cosmetic services, or working with nervous patients.
- Memorise examples of when you’ve delivered the kind of services they provide.
- Think about what other specialist skills you would bring to the job, like oral surgery or orthodontics.
What diploma do you need to become a dentist?
The basic qualification needed to work in dentistry is a dentistry degree approved by the UK’s General Dental Council (GDC). To get this:
- You’ll initially need to pass 5 GCSEs at A-C grades including Maths, English, and Science subjects.
- You’ll also need 3 A levels including Chemistry and Biology.
- Completing the degree usually takes 5 years.