We have prepared five Porter CV samples to help you format your CV. Porters are enablers, people who oil the wheels of whatever business they are operating in and keep it running. Physical capability and a willingness to turn your hand to anything are key attributes, so the first challenge in producing your CV is to convey your versatility. Secondly, advertise any specialism you have. Finally, you must demonstrate, by examples, the level of responsibility you have enjoyed in previous jobs. Using CV samples as part of your preparation for writing your own resume is a great way to start as they will provide a real insight into the CV writing process.
Banqueting Porter CV Sample
Knowing how to properly put together a CV will give you a head start in any recruitment process. Banqueting Porters help set the scene for that special event, often at short notice. You will need to demonstrate you can take the pressure, be flexible and have the room/venue ready on time.
- Do tailor your CV to the sort of porter job you are applying for, don’t just write a generic resume.
- Do produce a CV that is neat, accurate and well-written as it will carry weight for a job where order and precision are important.
- Don’t rush your CV; take your time to formulate something that looks good and reads well.
- Don’t miss the deadline for submission and make sure you send your CV to the right address.
Bar Porter CV Sample
To run efficiently, a busy bar relies heavily on their porter to have drinks well-stocked, surfaces cleaned down and everything ready for service. Demonstrating the difference you have made to your current or previous employer in the role of Bar Porter will add weight to your CV. Take a look at the Bar Porter CV sample and the other porter samples we have created to see how clear presentation can strengthen your resume.
- Do remember to check your CV for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Do highlight your greatest achievements in the role. The best way to do this is by using bullet points so they stand-out.
- Don’t put anything contentious on your CV, such as your opinion of something or the fact you are in dispute with your current employer.
- Don’t fill your CV with a long list of tasks, or details of every job you have ever done. Keep it relevant.
Dealership Porter CV Sample
Who wants to buy a motor from a dirty showroom where the cars are less than pristine? Look at the CV sample we have provided to see how best to incorporate your qualifications, skills, experience and achievements into an eye-catching resume.
- Do be succinct, but focused. Don’t make your resume too long as two pages are usually more than sufficient.
- Do be selective. If you have had a lot of previous jobs, hone in on those that are relevant to the post you are applying for.
- Don’t ignore instructions. If your prospective employer requires additional documentation with your CV, make sure you send it.
- Don’t try to use your resume to negotiate. For example, stating the hours you won’t work should be left to interview.
Maintenance Porter CV Sample
The ability to repair mechanical things and undertake small repairs, as well as a bit of ad-hoc gardening, are all things that could fall into the ambit of a Maintenance Porter. Your CV should contain examples of how you have carried out these tasks in the past. However, you need to make it interesting, so read the CV samples we have written to see how we have achieved this.
- Do leave yourself sufficient time to create a really good resume; work back from the deadline and build in contingency.
- Do present your information as concisely as you can, but without losing impetus. It should show the reader that you deserve to be interviewed.
- Don’t try to create a hard-hitting CV in a few minutes. You will fail. If you really want the job, put some investment into the application process.
- Don’t miss the deadline. You are unlikely to get an extension.
Night Porter CV Sample
Night porters are the people who put things right and clean up and repair when other employees are at home in bed. Your willingness to work unsocial hours is a key requirement of this post, and you need to show that you will not be fazed by being alone in a large building at night. Read the CV sample we have prepared as it will help you consider what information you need to include in your resume and the best way to present it.
- Do make sure that your evidence lines up nicely against the job specification.
- Do incorporate your research of the prospective employer into your CV. If they present themselves as a contemporary service provider, make sure to stress your experience in working under innovative management.
- Don’t exaggerate or lie about your qualifications, skills or previous levels of responsibility. People who do seldom get away with it.
- Don’t include superfluous information about your family, the sort of car you drive, etc.