Impressive cleaner CV examples
From strong physical abilities to a caring approach and flexibility, a cleaning role requires a number of specific skills and qualities. Both domestic and business cleaners are in high demand year-round. Find out how to highlight your best attributes and get the best from your application with our cleaner CV examples
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
The ideal cleaner CV example
This CV example shows how to include details of relevant experience, domestic and commercial, plus your personal qualities.
- Keep it brief: Stick to a maximum of just 2 pages, and focus on your relevant experience.
- Proofread your CV: Cleaning may not require writing skills, but employers value attention to detail.
- Use simple language: This CV shows you don’t need to get too complicated with technical jargon – it’s simple, with a clear list of tools and experience.
- Highlight qualifications: Skills like first aid and second languages are always valuable, particularly if you’re communicating with many people.
- Talk about people skills: This is especially important if you’re dealing with elderly or vulnerable clients.
- Show transferable skills: For example, you should add COSHH qualifications or experience working in physical roles.
Write the perfect cleaner CV using our tips
While cleaning may be a physical role, your CV is still your chance to showcase your communication skills.
- Start with the most relevant roles: Structure is everything when it comes to cleaner CVs, and prospective employers want to know about your relevant experience first. Leave secondary roles and transferable skills until later on.
- Keep it tidy: An untidy cleaner CV is difficult to follow, and immediately puts employers off. A tidy professional CV template will keep things looking professional.
- Write with the role in mind: If you’re looking for a trade cleaning role, youmay have to talk more about previous companies you’ve worked for. For a domestic job, you may need to focus more on personal references.
- Talk about overcoming challenge: You may, for example, have had to clean a large number of rooms in a short space of time or work with vulnerable people. Talk about how you did this as part of your broader experience.
- Promote reliability: Your employer wants to know that you’re reliable, so make sure you provide correct contact details.
Essential skills for your cleaner CV
Use your Skills section to highlight key skills and get your CV through recruitment filtering software.
Key skills for a cleaner role
- Cleaner duties
- Cleaning product expertise
- Safety compliance
- Cleaning equipment operation
- Housekeeping abilities
- Chemical cleaning
- Excellent Time management
- Exceptional communicator
- Food hygiene
Build a dazzling cleaner CV
By focusing on both hard and soft skills, as well as any additional qualifications you can bring to the table, your cleaner CV will sparkle more brightly than the competition.
Start with today with our CV builder – choose a template, then we’ll guide you through the rest. You’ll be applying for new roles in no time!