Driver CV example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Driver CV examples
This perfect driver CV example gives you the framework and foundation to take the next step in your career. Pay particular attention to:
- A strong personal statement: This paragraph at the top of this driver CV is just 52 words long, but it packs in important keywords like customer service, road regulations, and GPS.
- Work experience that demonstrates versatility: The duties listed under work experience range from cleaning a vehicle to using an on-board computer.
- A broad range of skills: The skills mentioned in the driver CV range from hard skills like a clean driving record, to softer skills such as passenger assistance.
- Including important keywords: Using keywords like ‘passenger’, ‘client’, and ‘safety’ shows that the candidate understands what the company’s looking for, and will help the CV get through ATS filters.
- A professional appearance: The clean, clear design of the CV looks professional, and makes it easy for recruiters to scan and pick out vital keywords and phrases.
Frequently asked questions about driver CVs
What qualifications do you need to be a driver?
The most important qualification you need to be a driver is a clean UK driving licence. Additional useful skills include:
- An understanding of the use of GPS.
- Experience of working with the latest online and mobile journey booking systems.
- Knowledge of using traffic patterns to maximise journey speed.
What should I wear to a delivery driver interview?
The outfit you wear for a driver interview should be smart enough to make you look like a professional, serious candidate:
- Wear a smart collared shirt or blouse.
- Wear smart shoes rather than trainers.
- Don’t dress so formally that you can’t relax and your personality doesn’t come across.
Important skills for your driver CV
The skills on your CV should show that you’ve driven a range of vehicles like buses and party vehicles and will meet passengers’ expectations of a professional driver.
Must-have skills for a driver
- Traffic patterns familiarity
- Accurate money handling
- Clean driving record
- Customer service
- Safety protocols
- Verbal and written communication
- Mobile platforms
- Passenger assistance
Related skills to help your driver CV stand out
- Physical fitness
- Analytical skills
- Calmness under pressure
Build your perfect driver CV
Building the perfect CV sounds like a challenge, but when you work with us it’s quick and easy. Our driver CV template gives you the ideal structure and our handy tips help you to highlight the best of your relevant skills and experience.
Use our CV builder and your CV will pack a huge amount of relevant information into a short, sharp, high-impact document.