Outstanding waiter CV examples
A perfect CV for waiter roles is concise and easy to read, helping you to stand out amongst fierce competition. It highlights key capabilities like order taking, customer service, communication, and teamwork, but also shows a bit of personality, which is essential to the job.
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Waiter CV example
Our example CVs show you what recruiters expect from a perfect CV. Take a look at what’s made this waiter CV so successful:
- A strong personal statement: This waiter opens by highlighting their 12 years of experience. There’s an emphasis on customer service before showcasing the ability to perform well in ‘peak hours’ – a key requirement for many waiter roles.
- Clear responsibilities: Previous roles provide clear information, from employers to service dates, so there’s no ambiguity. This waiter chose to showcase specific duties from each role, highlighting their versatility and progression from more basic tasks to taking on reservations and staffing responsibilities.
- Specific detail: The devil is in the detail. Rather than listing three roles as ‘waiter’, the candidate has specified Back Waiter, Waiter, and Front Waiter. They’re displaying how they take the roles seriously as well as showing their journey up the career ladder.
- Relevant information on education: As well as listing industry-specific qualifications in catering and food safety, the candidate shows they have additional relevant academic qualifications, pointing to specific elements of GCSE work related to food handling and hospitality.
- Work backwards: Notice how the candidate has listed their most recent roles and qualifications first. This makes it easier for employers to see the most relevant information, their catering certification and time as a front waiter, before moving onto their work as a waiter and food safety training, for instance.
Frequently asked questions about waiter CVs
What education do you need to be a waiter?
You don’t need any education to be a waiter. However, you’re more likely to land one of the most sought-after waiter jobs if you show some academic achievement. Some employers want to see high school education, primarily Maths and English, as these subjects help with order taking and cash handling. And any industry-specific college or training courses or qualifications will also help you stand out.
Do waiters need a food handler’s card?
Waiters don’t need a food handler’s card in the UK. This is a requirement in some US states. However, all UK food handlers, including waiters, need to have training in food hygiene relevant to how they handle food. This is often provided in the workplace but you’ll really stand out if you hold an up-to-date food hygiene certificate.
Vital skills for your waiter CV
As a waiter you’re the face of your employer’s business. They want to know you are knowledgeable, friendly, and in control.
Essential skills for waiter positions
- Excellent communication
- Active listening
- Customer service
- Ability to build rapport
- A team player
- Energetic and good stamina
- Well organised
- Cash and card payment handling
Additional skills to help your waiter CV beat the competition
- Conflict resolution
- Table setting knowledge
- Familiarity with ordering software
- Food hygiene certificate
- Ability to upsell
- Food preparation knowledge
- Aware of allergies and intolerances
Build your perfect waiter CV
A high-quality waiter CV is the best way to secure your ideal role, and we have over a decade’s experience helping determined waiters to do exactly that.With our CV builder you can create an attractive and impressive waiter CV that ticks all the boxes. Select your preferred CV template, add your education and experience, then choose from relevant content written by experts.
Related CVs Food Service CV Examples
- Assistant Restaurant Manager CV Example
- Bar Supervisor CV Example
- Cafe Worker CV Example
- Coffee Shop Attendant CV Example
- Coffee Shop Manager CV Example
- Food and Beverage Assistant CV Example
- Food and Beverage Manager CV Example
- Perfect your application with our head bartender CV example
- Pour the perfect CV with our barista CV example
- Professional waitress CV examples
- Restaurant assistant manager CV example
- Restaurant manager CV examples
- Restaurant Shift Leader CV Example
- Restaurant supervisor CV examples
- Server CV Example
- Shake it up with our bartender CV example
- Show your passion with our bar manager CV example