Optical Assistant CV Sample
Becoming employed as an optical assistant entails being able to present your qualifications, personal skills, and work experience in a forceful and compelling manner that draws attention to your unique strengths. To assist you in this complex process, we have put together a free optical assistant CV sample, which will go a long way helping you format and write up an effective CV that lands you an interview | and possibly an optical assistant job too.
Optical Assistant CV Sample/Melanie Wood/15 Anyroad, Anytown/01234 email@example.com
Professional SummaryA confident, experienced, and self-motivated optical assistant with 6 years' experience working in fast-paced retail settings. In-depth knowledge of the techniques and instruments used in routine eye examinations, coupled with outstanding organisational and administrative skills. Possess business awareness and a clear understanding of the best retail practices in healthcare environments. Able to supervise teams and to coach newly qualified optical assistants in line with the current industry standards and with in-house sales targets. Committed to professional development and to providing first-class customer care. Now seeking to further develop my managerial skills and to tackle new challenges with a supervisory role in the public sector. Willing to relocate.
Core QualificationsLevel 3 Diploma in Optical Retail Skills, Any College 2006-2008 (Accredited by EdExcel)
- Retail Management Skills, Online Course
- Core Skills for Team Leaders Training Course
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers Training Course
- IOSH Working Safely Training Course
- Clean, full driving license
Academic QualificationsLevel 3 Diploma in Optical Retail Skills, Any College 2006-2008 (Accredited by EdExcel)A levels: Maths (A) English (B) Biology (A) Science (B)
- Excellent customer service and team leading skills.
- Able to carry out basic repairs and adjustment to a range of spectacles.
- Experience working towards sales targets in fast-paced environments.
- Detailed understanding of current optical dispensing best practices.
Work ExperienceSenior Optical Assistant | Any City, June 2013 - Present
- In charge of coordinating and implementing an effective customer care strategy across five optical clinics.
- Developed a new in-house training scheme and mentored newly qualified optical assistants.
- Responsible for ordering new supplies and for weekly stock control.
- Assisted customers during the eyewear selection process at a busy high-street optician.
- Provided chair-side support to senior optometrists during consultations and eye examinations.
- Provided admin support to the reception team.