Residential Care Worker CV Sample
Professional SummaryA diligent and self-motivated care worker who is empathetic and understanding, with a strong dedication to caring for others. Has a good working knowledge of the Care Quality Commission's regulatory framework and the Health and Social Care Act, as well as health and safety law relevant to the job. Has undertaken a range of workplace training courses in health and safety and care (e.g. manual handling) in addition to professional qualifications. Particularly skilled at caring for the elderly and people with mental and physical disabilities. Able to carry out food preparation, personal care and administer medication with precise accuracy. Pays attention to detail and is a good written and verbal communicator. Excellent team worker, punctual, hard-working and physically fit. Has own car and able to work across multiple sites as well as according to a varied shift pattern. Has previous experience in working nightshifts. Experienced at participating in residents' entertainment programmes as well as liaising with their families and social workers.
- NVQ Level 3 in Care
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Hygiene
- St. John Ambulance first aid at work certificate
Academic QualificationsGCSEs: English (B), Maths (B)
- Professional carer with 10 years' experience of working in care.
- Writing care plans for individual residents.
- Always eager to learn new skills.
- Caring, empathetic and a strong communicator.
ExperienceResidential Care Assistant | Sunnyside Residential Home 2009 - present
- Caring for young adults with learning disabilities including autism and Asperger's syndrome.
- Assisting residents with daily routines including administering medication and personal care.
- Caring for elderly residents using a full range of care practises.
- Co-ordinating the home's entertainment program.