- As seen in:
Great social workers are always in demand in the UK, as protecting the human rights of British citizens is an ongoing mission. Those who take up these roles are often highly caring, passionate, and people-orientated. As a social worker, you need to be able to demonstrate both your communication and listening skills, as well as your ability to understand legal compliance, and health and safety. Learn how to put all of this into words with our comprehensive social worker CV examples to impress your employer.
Download Show how much you care with our social worker CV example
Give your application the support it needs with these three top tips from recruiters:
Showcase your specialism
Social work comes in all shapes and sizes. It’s important you show what you’re best at, whether that’s working with vulnerable children or assisting with adult mental issues.
Focus on the outcome
As you’re well aware, social work isn’t about me-me-me. When discussing your experience, make sure you reference the outcome for adults, children, and families. This will show recruiters that you care about making a difference, rather than just doing the job.
Add in plenty of details
Whether it’s the number of families you’ve helped or specific behavioural issues you’ve worked with, small details can give your social worker CV the edge over other applicants.
Social worker CVs combine a vast array of skills and qualities. Here are some must-haves.
Core skills for any social worker
- Communication and mediation
- Empathy and understanding
- HCPC-approved degree
- Care and discretion
Soft social worker skills
- Organisation and time management
- Driving licence
- Sense of humour
- Flexible approach
What makes a great social worker CV?
A great social worker CV has the perfect balance of qualifications, up-to-date knowledge, and a passion to help those in need. That’s all backed up by relevant experience in social work roles, or similar roles with transferable skills.
What are the key responsibilities of a social worker?
Social workers are primarily responsible for helping vulnerable people, either on an ongoing basis or in specific times of need. That includes building relationships, planning activities, and assessing situations to report on the best way forward.
What are the top qualities of a social worker?
Communication is key for social workers. They also need to be patient and empathetic with great time management and organisation. Problem-solving is another essential, along with ethical awareness, putting confidentiality and discretion into everything they do.
Related CVs Social Services CV Examples
- Care coordinator CV examples
- Care Home Manager CV Example
- Caregiver CV Example
- Change your life with our care worker CV example
- Child Protection Social Worker CV Example
- Child Youth Worker CV Example
- Community Development Worker CV Example
- Counsellor CV Example
- Disability Support Worker CV Example
- Home care assistant CV templates
- Humanitarian Aid Worker CV Example
- Lean on our helpful support worker CV example
- Monitoring Evaluation Specialist CV Example
- Probation officer CV examples
- Raise your hand with our best volunteer CV example
- Residential Care Worker CV Example
- Show you care about your career with our carer CV example
- Show your passion with our care assistant CV example
Create a social worker CV that works
With so much to manage, social work can feel like a balancing act. Thanks to myPerfectCV, you don’t have to add CV writing to your list. Our state-of-the-art CV builder has everything you need in one place, including a range of templates and polished content tailored to social worker roles.