Community Development Worker CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
A confident, approachable, and experienced community development worker with a special interest in the issues affecting urban communities. Possess in-depth understanding of the legal framework and policy issues that surround community development projects. Ample experience fundraising in both profit and not-for-profit sectors in paid and voluntary roles. A quick and creative thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills and project management experience. Now seeking to put my skills to work in a challenging public sector role as a senior community development worker.
Core QualificationsBA (Hons) Social Work, Any University, 2006-2009.
- Introduction to Welfare Benefits Training Course
- Introduction to Community Care Law
- Level 3 Certificate in Independent Advocacy, specialised in Advocacy Management
- Practical Leadership Skills Training Course
- Current DBS check
- Full and clean driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) Social Work, Any University, 2008-2011.A levels: Maths (B) French (B) English (A) Sociology (B) Psychology (B)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to empathise with individuals of different backgrounds
- Can work both as part of a team and on her own initiative
- Leadership skills
Work ExperienceCommunity Development Worker | Any City, May 2013 - Present
- Liaised with community leaders in inner-city areas to identify critical needs
- Developed seven successful funding applications over the course of three years
- Oversaw the implementation of pilot public transportation programme
- Developed several awareness raising campaigns that drew public attention to quality housing shortages
- Prepared reports and white papers using qualitative and quantitative data obtained during fieldwork
- Responsible for developing a fundraising appeal that raised £500,000