Counsellor CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryA qualified counsellor with proven experience supporting clients in the workplace and in educational settings. Committed to delivering client-centred support that gradually empowers individuals and enables them to make informed decisions. Possesses detailed understanding of the BACP Professional Conduct and Ethical Framework and applies such standards in interactions with clients and colleagues. Sound knowledge of theoretical counselling approaches and their application to real-world settings, having a special interest in cognitive behavioural therapy, integrative counselling, Gestalt therapy, and person-centred counselling. Areas of expertise include bereavement and bullying. Currently looking to expand areas of expertise with a full-time role in the not-for-profit sector.
Core QualificationsBA (Hons) Person-Centred Counselling, Any University, 2010-2013 (Accredited by the BACP)
- Professional member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy since 2014
- Level 3 Certificate in Integrative Counselling Skills, Any College, London
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills by the Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
- Holds a current DBC check
- Driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) Person-Centred Counselling, Any University, 2010-2013 (Accredited by the BACP)A levels: English (B) Psychology (A) Sociology (A) Science (C)
- Able to work with patients from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Understanding of client confidentiality and professional boundaries.
Work ExperienceCounsellor | Educational Institution, August 2013 - Present
- Provided client-centred counselling sessions to students.
- Accurately documented session outcomes.
- Developed and delivered individual and group session plans.
- Attended in-house and external professional development workshops and training courses.
- Undertook 150 hours of supervised counselling practice as part of placement year.
- Prepared counselling contracts.
- Assisted senior counsellors with record-keeping during one-to-one and group sessions.