Disability Support Worker CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryAn experienced and qualified disability support worker with excellent communication skills anda caring and patient personality. Reliable, well organised, punctual, a team player who is also able to work on own initiative. Supports clients to live as independently as possible by implementing effective programmes to help develop skills and abilities that allow them to participate in their localcommunity. Comfortable working in one-to-one-situations with people of varyinglevels of disability and all ages. Seeking a role with a quality support provider where I can continue to help people reach their potential and lead fulfilled lives.
Core QualificationsNVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
- Essential care skills
- First Aid
- Documentation and record kee
- Physical assistance
- Respite Care
- Quality of Life enhancement
- Behavioural support and crisis
- Food hygiene certificate
- Full UK driving licence
Academic QualificationsSouthampton Secondary School 20097 GCSEsSouthampton College of Further Education2010 - 2012 BTEC Level 3 Diploma Health and Social Care
Work Experience1/8/2012 -1/6/2013 Disability Support Worker - Private Home, SouthamptonDuties included:
- Carryingout personal care duties including showering and bathing, dressing, toileting, assisting with mobility and providing feeding assistance.
- Providing assistance with medication, documentation, shopping and domestic duties as required.
- Assisting with all personal care and mobility needs.
- Promoting the mental and physical activity of service users by supporting them in household tasks, hobbies, outings and holidays.
- Performing domestic duties including cleaning, laundry and preparation of meals.
- Teaching life skills.
- Organising outings and holidays.
- Communicating with care managers on behalf of clients.
- Assisting clients with money management.