The first step to an electrical maintenance engineering job is to create the right CV | one that properly reflects your qualifications, highlights your skills and strengths and lists relevant experience. This free electrical maintenance engineer CV sample is ideal for ideas to strengthen your job application. With this tool, gain insight into what to include and the correct formatting to make your application stand out from the crowd. Remember, there is no second chance to make a good first impression in front of the hiring manager.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer CV Sample
/David Smithson/19 The Spinney, Greentown/01234 5643251 /firstname.lastname@example.org
A qualified electrician with an excellent working knowledge of electrical regulations, safety codes and engineering standards. Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and serviceability testing of electrical systems and equipment in residential, business and industrial environments. Offers companies an in-depth knowledge of safety and working procedures, including larger projects. Physically fit and able to carry out demanding work. Has own transport and is prepared to travel, looking for an opportunity to progress with new challenges and further develop a career with a progressive engineering company.
BTEC ONC Electrical Engineering & City & Guilds of London Engineering workshop skills, level 2/3 – Municipal College 2005-2009
- Foundation courses: Wiring Regulations and Health & Safety awareness
- City and Guilds 1788-11 NVQ Diploma (Level 2) | Engineering / Electrical Maintenance and Installation
- NICEIC registered
- First Aid course including CPR (St. John’s certificate)
- Full driving license
Huntston Polytechnic University 2005 – 2007 | BSc Electrical Engineering A levels: Maths (B) English (B) Technology (A) Science (C)
- Able to work well in teams, or on own initiative when necessary.
- Willing to learn new skills and make a contribution.
- Good faultfinding and diagnostic skills for timely repairs and competing work on time.
Maintenance technician | Poole, June 2009 to date.
- Responsible for preventative, routine and corrective maintenance on electrical installations and fixtures.
- Completing work in accordance with company policy and Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintaining job and equipment servicing records.
- Liasing with external suppliers and onsite contractors.
Trainee technician | Poole, October 2008 | May 2009
- Responsible for assisting team technicians under supervision.
- Assisting with documentation for routine and scheduled servicing.
- Working with experienced engineers during faultfinding and defect investigation.