Quantity Surveyor CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryA fully qualified quantity surveyor, I have been working in the industry for several years and am now looking to join an expanding and go-getting organisation where I can progress my career. I have much experience with all sorts of quantity surveying work and I have travelled all over the country in the course of my duties. I have surveyed domestic dwellings, retail buildings, commercial properties, waterways and even rail infrastructure. Well-versed in all aspects of surveying, including writing reports for the settlement of disputes, I am a good record keeper and can monitor projects on an ongoing basis for cost-benefit analysis.
Core QualificationsMSc in Quantity Surveying from the University of Example (2004-2006)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors accredited
- HND in Building Survey Practice
- Flooding Mitigation and Management trained
- Full, clean driving license
Academic QualificationsA levels: Maths (B),Technology (B) and English (C)8 GCSEs at good grades
- The ability to produce home buyer reports under tight deadlines.
- Good skills in dealing with risk management issues for insurance companies surrounding buildings in high-risk flood areas.
- Excellent aptitude for surveying commercial properties whilst working within the necessary health and safety regulations.
Work ExperienceQuantity Surveyor | Malvern, January 2010 - Present
- Responsible for conducting and planning surveys all over the West of England.
- Provided financial progress reports to clients and to the Finance Director of my employer.
- Assisted with negotiating and drawing up new bids for tenders directly with the MD, winning many contracts.
- Responsible for carrying out feasibility studies for a number of railway infrastructure inspections.
- Planned survey schedules with estimates of the materials, time and labour costs involved.
- Advised on building materials that had become dangerous or surpassed their lifespan.