Pharmacist CV Examples
A perfect pharmacist CV shows that you hold the right qualifications and have a track record of applying your knowledge in a wide range of medical settings. It also demonstrates your understanding of the latest developments in the pharmaceutical industry, and highlights your professional standing.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Pharmacist CV example
Take a look at this example to see exactly what a CV for a pharmacist should look like. Here’s what you need to note:
- A professional impression: This pharmacist has created a great first impression by choosing a contemporary looking CV template that’s not cluttered with unnecessary imagery or sections.
- A high-impact personal statement: The personal statement at the head of the CV is only 36 words long but packs in references to working in retail, leadership roles, and record keeping.
- Clear evidence of your pharmacy career: The work history makes it clear that this Pharmacist has experience working in a hospital, a primary care trust, and a high street outlet, covering the three main branches of pharmacy work.
- Including certifications: Including membership to the General Pharmaceutical Council showcases a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- A bullet-pointed list of skills: In order to showcase the full breadth of their skillset, this pharmacist has used bullet points to share their skills like ‘drug interaction understanding’ and ‘verifying inventory’.
Frequently asked questions about pharmacist CVs
How to make a CV for a pharmacist
Make a CV for a pharmacist by outlining the technical skills you’ve got, together with how you’ve applied those skills while working in a pharmacy:
- Include your work in different settings like a hospital, community pharmacy, and trust.
- List your jobs in reverse chronological order to start with the most senior and impressive.
- Underline your career achievements by using numbers. Don’t just say that you managed staff when you can say that you oversaw 8 staff in just 2 years.
- Feature keywords in the personal statement and throughout your CV.
- Try our CV builder to make a pharmacist CV quickly and easily.
What are the main duties of a pharmacist?
The main duties of a pharmacist include:
- Preparing and dispensing medication on the basis of physicians' requests.
- Providing general health advice to patients.
- Handling orders and maintaining stock levels.
- Training more junior members of the team
Learn how to show recruiters that you understand the duties of the role by building a perfect CV.
What qualities should a pharmacist have?
A pharmacist should have the following qualities:
- A great memory: Being able to recall information about prescription medication is very valuable.
- Compassion: An effective Pharmacist will always put delivering care to patients above any other considerations.
- Communication: You need to be able to explain the medication you give out to patients in a way they will easily understand.
- Organisation: Maintaining stock of medical supplies and ordering replacements is vital if patients are to have the medication they need.
Key skills for your pharmacist CV
The skills to include in a strong pharmacist CV will convince employers that you can excel in the role. They’re looking for a mix of specific technical know-how and softer skills.
Must-have skills for a pharmacist
- Calculating doses
- Controlled drug logging
- Drug interaction understanding
- Patient confidentiality
- Regulatory requirements
- Supervising technicians
- Verifying inventory
- Haematology and oncology knowledge
- Quality assurance standards
Extra skills to help your pharmacist CV make an impact
- Delegating assignments
- Documentation abilities
- Profitability understanding
- Process improvement
- Loss prevention
- Profitability understanding
- Safety awareness
- Written and oral communication
- Mentoring colleagues
- Working with the public
Build your perfect pharmacist CV
Get started now and you’ll have a personalised pharmacist CV that will impress employers and fast track you to the next stage of your career.