Child Protection Social Worker CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryI am an experienced and qualified graduate social worker with a thorough knowledge of child protection legislation and local authority safeguarding procedures. As well as having attended and reported to many safeguarding panels during the course of my duties, I am highly experienced with dealing with other agencies, such as the police, school boards and foster care panels. I have given evidence in court and I am used to providing information, where appropriate, to family law judges. I have a proven track record in child protection cases and can draw on my experience of working for both local authorities and the charity sector.
Core QualificationsChild Protection Supervision Skills | NSPCC course.Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) approved.
- Recently completed checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Designated Safeguarding Officer trained.
- British Association of Social Workers registered
- Clean UK driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) in Social Work from the Open UniversityA levels: English (B), Sociology (D)AS level: Psychology (C)8 GCSEs at good grades.
- Ability to take a child-centred approach to any investigations and safeguarding procedures.
- Willing to learn new ways of identifying problems and to liaise with other social workers to achieve the best results.
- Excellent at working with external agencies, such as charities and the police service, to gather the most rounded picture possible.
Work ExperienceSocial Worker | Essex County Council - 2007 to present
- Responsible for case working child protection all over West Essex.
- Gained experience supervising junior social workers and mentoring them in child protection.
- Provided reports to the Director of Child Care Social Services covering major case reviews.
- Responsible for dealing with all safeguarding issues and providing safe environments to vulnerable young adults and teenagers.
- Developed new procedures for handling clients with additional needs, for example learning difficulties.
- Provided expenditure forecasts to the charity's bursar.