Operating Department Practitioner CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryExperienced and dedicated operating department practitioner with a passion for patient care and recovery. Able to relate to a wide range of different types of patients with compassion and work well under pressure.
Core QualificationsBachelor's Degree in the Nurse Practitioner Programme, Nursing University of London, London, England
Academic QualificationsBachelor's Degree in the Nurse Practitioner Programme, Nursing University of London, London, England-4007A Levels: Biology (A) Chemistry (A) Maths (B) English (B)
- In depth knowledge of operating department specifications.
- Good understanding of the safety standards and precautions required during operations.
- Compassionate and approachable when dealing with patients and their family members.
- Able to keep grace under fire.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Able to maintain a fully functional operating room.
Work ExperienceOperating Department Practitioner at Florence Hospital, London | 2008-Present Day
- Informing patients post surgery of the procedures to be carried and answering any questions regarding their operation.
- Prepping the operating room is ready for surgery.
- Assisting surgeons during operation.
- Correctly disposing of and cleaning all surgical equipment.
- Reporting any concerns and issues to supervisors.
- Set up different operating rooms for procedures and prepared all of the required tools and equipment.
- Met with the patients in post op area to ensure their identity, confirm the procedure and answer any questions.
- Assisted the anaesthesiologist.
- Aided the doctors and nurses during surgery as well as in the recovery room.
- Inventoried supplies and reported shortages to supervisors.