Administrator CV Example
The ultimate administrator CV displays a meticulous approach to administrative work, highlighting key skills like organisation, time management, and communication. That’s backed by a concise summary of your varied experience with a clear outline of your educational background, plus a stand-out cover letter to make sure you get hired.
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
See what a great administrator CV example looks like
Our administrator CV example displays exactly what should be included when building your CV:
- Sector experience: The example candidate has clearly listed the sectors they have worked in, namely Healthcare and Legal, showing their specialist experience from the get-go.
- Design: Throughout the CV, the administration candidate has made use of subtle design features like colour and font weight. This makes a professional impression but still gives a sense of their personality.
- Keywords: Words such as ‘meticulous’ and ‘organised’ are used to highlight how the candidate is reliable and capable of doing the job at hand.
- Skills and education: It’s important to include these CV sections, because they give employers a clear idea of your talents. This candidate has done this well, outlining key skills like client assessment and data management, while also listing A level studies as their most recent education.
How to write a perfect administrator CV
Having helped to create countless CVs for ambitious administrators taking their next career step, we know exactly what employers are looking for:
- Appearance: Remember that your CV is the first impression recruiters get, so you need to make it a good one. Use a professional but eye-catching design that provides a sense of personality. Opt for a simple layout, with a stand-out header for personal details, an easy to read font, and just a touch of colour on headings.
- Detail on your previous job: In your work history, always make sure to include relevant details on your responsibilities, like managing calls, organising files, or monitoring databases. This gives employers a real sense of your capabilities and experience in administration.
- A crisp professional summary: Employers read this first, so it needs to be short and relevant. Focus on highlighting your key skills and achievements, and giving an overview of your experience to date.
- Dates: Include all key dates such as when you started and finished your previous roles, as well as when you gained any qualifications. This gives context and shows your career development and growth between roles.
- Contact information: Many candidates fall into the trap of not providing clear, up-to-date contact information. Recruiters won’t search for you if they can’t get in touch easily, so double check that you’ve provided the correct information on your administrator CV.
Vital skills for your administrator CV
Essential skills for administration roles
- Extremely organised
- Time management
- Client assessment and analysis
- Process implementation
- Computer and IT knowledge
- English language
Additional skills to help your administrator CV beat the competition
- Data management
- Strong verbal communication
- Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
Build your perfect administrator CV
Ready to make your next career move? Create a professionally designed and personal administrator CV today.
Using our templates and CV builder, you can get started straightaway. Start by choosing one of our professional UK templates and you’ll find it quick and easy to create a career-changing CV.