- As seen in:
A site engineer CV demonstrates your engineering competence, industry knowledge, and successes. A perfect site engineer CV uses professional formatting, covers important keywords and showcases your accomplishments. Illustrate your talents with top CV examples and understand how to achieve a successful site engineer career path.
Download Site Engineer CV Examples And Tips
Hit the spot with our top recruiter tips for writing your site engineer CV
Quantify your experience
Whether you’ve previously worked on housing estates or civil projects, always make sure to include any relevant metrics on your CV. Mentioning the budgets you managed, the number of people you supervised, or the size of a site will help your recruiter quantify your experience and make your application stand out.
Use keywords from the job description
To give your CV the best chance of passing an ATS, always include keywords from the site engineer job description. Whether it’s a particular piece of engineering software to a relevant qualification, this will help you tailor your CV to each role.
Let your personality shine
The personal summary section of your CV is your opportunity to share some of the qualities that make you an excellent candidate. Site engineers often work in large teams, so use positive (but not clichéd) language to describe your work ethic – for example, ‘meticulous’, ‘organised’, or ‘supportive’. It’s essential to follow the site engineer job description, ensuring you hit what the recruiter is looking for, but adding more about your strengths will set you apart from other candidates.
Must-have skills for your site engineer CV
- Leadership and teamwork
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Analytical ability
- Technical knowledge
- Knowledge of site regulations and safety
Nice-to-haves that will help you stand out
- Commercial awareness
- Presentation skills
- Microsoft Word and Google Drive
Top FAQs about your site engineer CV
What does a site engineer do?
Site engineer job responsibilities include supervising construction projects, paying particular attention to site security and health and safety. Duties often involve dividing time between an office and the actual construction site, sorting out paperwork, and carrying out inspections.
What is the salary of a site engineer?
A site engineer salary usually starts at around £25,000 per annum for a junior position. Salaries can increase to approximately £36,000 for a mid-senior employee, while chartered engineers are likely to earn at least £45,000. If you have a relevant site engineer degree, you will probably start on a higher salary than someone less qualified.
What should a site engineer know?
As a site engineer, you should have a thorough knowledge of site health & safety. When supervising a site, you’ll be able to identify any hazards or areas for improvement, while complying with national and local regulations. You should also have sound technical knowledge to check technical drawings, advise, and solve problems on-site.
Related CVs Engineering CV Examples
- Aircraft maintenance engineer CV examples
- Automation Test Engineer CV Example
- Automotive Engineer CV Example
- Biomedical engineer CV examples
- Construct the perfect application with our civil engineer CV example
- Construct your perfect CV with our engineer CV example
- Design Engineer CV Example And Tips
- Draughtsman CV Example
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer CV Example
- Engineering Manager CV Example
- Engineering project manager CV examples
- Fire Protection Engineer CV Example
- Gas Engineer CV Example
- Hydraulic Engineer CV Example
- Instrumentation Control Engineer CV Example
- IT engineer CV templates
- Lift Engineer CV Example
- Maintenance engineer CV examples
- Marine Engineer CV Example
- Mechanical design engineer CV examples
- NOC Engineer CV Example
- Project engineer CV examples
- Quantity Surveyor CV Example
- Software engineer CV examples
- Strengthen your mechanical engineer CV with our CV example
- Telecommunication Engineer CV Example
- Top Construction Engineer CV Examples And Tips
Stay on track by building your site engineer CV today
A strong CV will show off your skills and help you take the next step in your site engineer career. With our trusted CV builder tool, it’s quick and easy to get started today. Simply choose your template, browse our professionally written content, and put together your perfect CV.