Marine Engineer CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryWith a great wealth of experience in boat repair and shipbuilding, I am now a suitably qualified marine engineer. I have a number of skills suited to marine engineering work, including scuba diving qualifications, welding and the ability to work in often harsh outdoor environments. Physically fit, I am used to employment near to the coast and have several experiences of working at offshore installations, too. I am highly professional in my approach to work and am comfortable communicating within all levels of an organisation, from the board of directors to the shop floor. Lastly, I am well-versed computer-aided design and manufacturing skills.
Core QualificationsCity and Guilds in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance, Level 2
- Member of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
- Level 2 Certificate in Welding Skills
- Trained in Hydrography and Underwater Acoustics
Academic QualificationsA levels: Technology and Design (C) and Mathematics (C)7 GCSEs in English, Technology, Graphic Design, French, History, Science and Geography
- Trained in marine survey techniques for both vessels and offshore installations, looking into their seaworthiness.
- Experienced with producing cost-benefit analyses for clients looking fat different maintenance options.
- Developed a good working knowledge of marine engineering military requirements having worked on consulting jobs for the Royal Navy.
Work ExperienceMarine Engineer, Portsmouth - May 2012to present
- Responsible for inspecting a wide range of marine installations and producing written reports to tight deadlines.
- Gained experience using computer-aided design programmes to provide multiple scenarios.
- Developed skills with client consultation and provided face-to-face contact as an on-site consulting engineer.
- Provided repairs and fit outs to a number of pleasure craft built in a variety of materials.
- Used my scuba diving skills to conduct visual inspections of craft whilst they were still in the water.
- Gained extensive knowledge of the marine environment and of offshore engineering including working on offshore wind turbine installations.
ReferencesFull employment references are available on request.Only one of the many that are available, this marine engineer CV sample offers plenty of advice for anyone seeking a new job. For jobseekers outside of the marine engineering sector, other examples can be found along with our tools and CV builder which provide further assistance.
Related CVs Engineering CV Examples
- Aircraft maintenance engineer CV examples
- Automation Test Engineer CV Example
- Automotive Engineer CV Example
- Biomedical engineer CV examples
- Construct the perfect application with our civil engineer CV example
- Construct your perfect CV with our engineer CV example
- Design Engineer CV Example And Tips
- Draughtsman CV Example
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer CV Example
- Engineering Manager CV Example
- Engineering project manager CV examples
- Fire Protection Engineer CV Example
- Gas Engineer CV Example
- Hydraulic Engineer CV Example
- Instrumentation Control Engineer CV Example
- IT engineer CV templates
- Lift Engineer CV Example
- Maintenance engineer CV examples
- Mechanical design engineer CV examples
- NOC Engineer CV Example
- Project engineer CV examples
- Quantity Surveyor CV Example
- Site Engineer CV Examples And Tips
- Software engineer CV examples
- Strengthen your mechanical engineer CV with our CV example
- Telecommunication Engineer CV Example
- Top Construction Engineer CV Examples And Tips