Marine Engineer CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryWith a great wealth of experience in boat repair and shipbuilding, I am now a suitably qualified marine engineer. I have a number of skills suited to marine engineering work, including scuba diving qualifications, welding and the ability to work in often harsh outdoor environments. Physically fit, I am used to employment near to the coast and have several experiences of working at offshore installations, too. I am highly professional in my approach to work and am comfortable communicating within all levels of an organisation, from the board of directors to the shop floor. Lastly, I am well-versed computer-aided design and manufacturing skills.
Core QualificationsCity and Guilds in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance, Level 2
- Member of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
- Level 2 Certificate in Welding Skills
- Trained in Hydrography and Underwater Acoustics
Academic QualificationsA levels: Technology and Design (C) and Mathematics (C)7 GCSEs in English, Technology, Graphic Design, French, History, Science and Geography
- Trained in marine survey techniques for both vessels and offshore installations, looking into their seaworthiness.
- Experienced with producing cost-benefit analyses for clients looking fat different maintenance options.
- Developed a good working knowledge of marine engineering military requirements having worked on consulting jobs for the Royal Navy.
Work ExperienceMarine Engineer, Portsmouth - May 2012to present
- Responsible for inspecting a wide range of marine installations and producing written reports to tight deadlines.
- Gained experience using computer-aided design programmes to provide multiple scenarios.
- Developed skills with client consultation and provided face-to-face contact as an on-site consulting engineer.
- Provided repairs and fit outs to a number of pleasure craft built in a variety of materials.
- Used my scuba diving skills to conduct visual inspections of craft whilst they were still in the water.
- Gained extensive knowledge of the marine environment and of offshore engineering including working on offshore wind turbine installations.