ESL teacher CV Sample
A high-quality CV is most important to gain a job interview for an ESOL or EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teaching post and to ensure that your job application is viewed favourably. A relevant and well-written application is crucial; it should be tailored for the job and include your academic qualifications, teacher training, certification and linguistic skills. Before completing your teaching job application, you may wish to look at this helpful ESL teacher CV sample to gain a good understanding of the relevant experience to include, as well as the appropriate formatting. The ESL teacher CV sample below is an example of how to attract the attention of a school principal or a director of studies and win you a teaching job interview.
ESL teacher CV Sample /Robin Johnson/(UK) 21, Fairfield Avenue, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire(Spain) C/Mayor, 23 4-A, 03210 Valencia/0151 355 0909 / 07752 452500 / +34 654 321 email@example.com
Professional SummaryA qualified ESL teacher with experience and progression from assistant to teaching posts in a medium-sized private language school abroad. Motivated, enthusiastic and committed to helping students make progress.
Core QualificationsCELTA certificate - Liverpool International Language Academy (Cambridge ESOL centre 00201), North John Street, Liverpool.
- CPD (Continuous Professional Development) webinars | Cambridge English Teacher membership.
- Two years teaching experience with students of various age groups.
- Languages - English (native speaker), Spanish (intermediate - CEFR level B1), French (GCSE) and elementary German.
- Organised, reliable and professional.
- Able to work as a member of a small team, or on own initiative.
ExperienceEnglish language tutor | 123 English, Plaza de la Generalitat, Valencia, Spain | September 2014 to date
- Teaching general English to individuals and small groups of up to six students.
- Maintaining classroom and student records in accordance with school policy.
- Lesson planning and designing short courses.
- Assisting in general office and answering telephone on rota basis.
- Working with experienced teachers with lesson preparation and delivery.
- Teaching activities with children's groups including songs and counting.
- Helping to prepare materials; general teacher support as directed.