Special Needs Teaching Assistant CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryAn experienced teaching assistant who has worked in a special needs school for over 5 years. Able to develop effective working relationships with staff and students. Can support the class teacher and individual students, following lesson and learning plans and also risk assessments. Has a good grasp of the national curriculum and how this relates to special needs students. Empathetic and sensitive to students' needs and emotions. Has a special insight into conditions such as dyslexia, autism and Aspergers syndrome, as well as other learning disabilities and physical disabilities. Works to promote student independence. Supports students with activities between lessons, including personal care and mealtimes. Can work 1:1 with challenging students. Has been trained in techniques to safely manage challenging behaviour and has undertaken extensive workplace health and safety training. Is passionate about promoting each individual student's independence and development.
Core QualificationsTeaching Assistant NVQ Level 2
Academic QualificationsGCSEs: English (C), Maths (C), General Studies (C)
- Understands the learning process for special needs students with a range of mental and physical special needs and learning disabilities.
- Can employ a range of learning support techniques to suit individuals.
- Can understand and follow lesson plans.
- Health and safety trained including first aid, manual handling and challenging behaviour.
- Excellent team member with strong communication skills
ExperienceSpecial Needs Teaching Assistant | The Special School | September 2010 - present
- Supporting the class teacher and individual special needs students with day-to-day teaching and learning.
- Participating in a range of lessons from physical to creative.
- Participating in assemblies, staff meetings and end of term concerts.
- Communicating information about individual students back to class teacher so learning plans and risk assessments can be updated.
- Managing incidents of challenging behaviour.
- Supporting individual special needs students and the class teacher in a mainstream school.
ReferencesAvailable on request
ConclusionYou can choose any one of our specialist CV samples such as this special needs teaching assistant CV sample, as they're all free and available for you to use online. LiveCareer has the best selection of quality CVs on the web, so choose the one you need and let us guide you through the tricky process of writing your resume.
Related CVs Teaching & Education CV Examples
- Art teacher CV examples
- Assistant Professor CV Example
- British Sign Language Teacher CV Example
- Chemistry Lecturer CV Example
- Chinese Teacher CV Example
- Drama Teacher CV Example
- Educational teacher CV examples
- English Tutor CV Example
- ESL Teacher CV Example
- Example CV for Arabic teacher
- French Teacher CV Example
- Guitar Teacher CV Example
- Learn from stellar teaching assistant CV examples
- Learn from top tutor CV examples
- Montessori Teacher CV Example
- Nursery Teacher CV Example
- Physical Education Teacher CV Example
- Piano Teacher CV Example
- Primary school teacher CV examples
- Psychology Research Assistant CV Example
- Social Policy Lecturer CV Example
- Student Counsellor CV Example