Drama Teacher CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryI am an experienced and passionate drama teacher with several years of teaching experience behind me. I have qualified as a drama teacher with the relevant qualifications to allow me to teach in the UK and I have continued with my professional development since I started teaching. I am highly experienced with teaching acting skills, theatrical set design and dance. However, one of my great passions is for comedy and I try to encourage students to try their hand at comedic performances in any dramatic situation. As well as a wealth of experience putting on student productions of classics, from Shakespeare to Wilde, I have a proven track record of being able to liaise well with school music departments for co-productions of musicals. An efficient organiser, I am able to keep track of all the paperwork and record storage required in modern educational settings.
Core QualificationsPGCE (Secondary) in Drama gained from Example University 2005-2006BA (Hons) 2:2 in English Literature from Example University 2001-2004
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT) - completed
- Advanced Skills Teacher (AST) | currently in progress
- First aid training
- Full, clean driving license
Academic QualificationsA levels: English (B) and Drama and Theatre Studies (B)AS levels: French (C) and Business Studies (B)9 GCSEs at grades A, B and C.
- I can engage students with drama and theatricality which improves their all-round education.
- I am an effective communicator with students, parents and all levels of school management.
- I am funny and can teach students how to express themselves appropriately through humour.
Work ExperienceDrama Teacher| Example School, Solihull. From September 2006 to present.
- Completed ITT and commenced AST.
- Developed stand up comedy and circus performance skills.
- Improved grades of students taking GCSE drama and the numbers of students choosing the subject at A and AS level.
- Gained experience at working within a school setting.
- Helped produce an end of term staging of 'Guys and Dolls'.
ReferencesAvailable on request.This drama teacher CV sample is just one of many, all of which provide key insights into how best to write your CV. Jobseekers should check out the tools and CV builder on this site for more advice.
Related CVs Teaching & Education CV Examples
- Arabic Teacher CV Example
- Art teacher CV examples
- Assistant Professor CV Example
- British Sign Language Teacher CV Example
- Chemistry Lecturer CV Example
- Chinese Teacher CV Example
- Educational teacher CV examples
- English Tutor CV Example
- ESL Teacher CV Example
- French Teacher CV Example
- Guitar Teacher CV Example
- Learn from stellar teaching assistant CV examples
- Learn from top tutor CV examples
- Montessori Teacher CV Example
- Nursery Teacher CV Example
- Physical Education Teacher CV Example
- Piano Teacher CV Example
- Primary school teacher CV examples
- Psychology Research Assistant CV Example
- Social Policy Lecturer CV Example
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant CV Example
- Student Counsellor CV Example