Drama Teacher CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryI am an experienced and passionate drama teacher with several years of teaching experience behind me. I have qualified as a drama teacher with the relevant qualifications to allow me to teach in the UK and I have continued with my professional development since I started teaching. I am highly experienced with teaching acting skills, theatrical set design and dance. However, one of my great passions is for comedy and I try to encourage students to try their hand at comedic performances in any dramatic situation. As well as a wealth of experience putting on student productions of classics, from Shakespeare to Wilde, I have a proven track record of being able to liaise well with school music departments for co-productions of musicals. An efficient organiser, I am able to keep track of all the paperwork and record storage required in modern educational settings.
Core QualificationsPGCE (Secondary) in Drama gained from Example University 2005-2006BA (Hons) 2:2 in English Literature from Example University 2001-2004
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT) - completed
- Advanced Skills Teacher (AST) | currently in progress
- First aid training
- Full, clean driving license
Academic QualificationsA levels: English (B) and Drama and Theatre Studies (B)AS levels: French (C) and Business Studies (B)9 GCSEs at grades A, B and C.
- I can engage students with drama and theatricality which improves their all-round education.
- I am an effective communicator with students, parents and all levels of school management.
- I am funny and can teach students how to express themselves appropriately through humour.
Work ExperienceDrama Teacher| Example School, Solihull. From September 2006 to present.
- Completed ITT and commenced AST.
- Developed stand up comedy and circus performance skills.
- Improved grades of students taking GCSE drama and the numbers of students choosing the subject at A and AS level.
- Gained experience at working within a school setting.
- Helped produce an end of term staging of 'Guys and Dolls'.