Drama Teacher CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryI am an experienced and passionate drama teacher with several years of teaching experience behind me. I have qualified as a drama teacher with the relevant qualifications to allow me to teach in the UK and I have continued with my professional development since I started teaching. I am highly experienced with teaching acting skills, theatrical set design and dance. However, one of my great passions is for comedy and I try to encourage students to try their hand at comedic performances in any dramatic situation. As well as a wealth of experience putting on student productions of classics, from Shakespeare to Wilde, I have a proven track record of being able to liaise well with school music departments for co-productions of musicals. An efficient organiser, I am able to keep track of all the paperwork and record storage required in modern educational settings.
Core QualificationsPGCE (Secondary) in Drama gained from Example University 2005-2006BA (Hons) 2:2 in English Literature from Example University 2001-2004
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT) - completed
- Advanced Skills Teacher (AST) | currently in progress
- First aid training
- Full, clean driving license
Academic QualificationsA levels: English (B) and Drama and Theatre Studies (B)AS levels: French (C) and Business Studies (B)9 GCSEs at grades A, B and C.
- I can engage students with drama and theatricality which improves their all-round education.
- I am an effective communicator with students, parents and all levels of school management.
- I am funny and can teach students how to express themselves appropriately through humour.
Work ExperienceDrama Teacher| Example School, Solihull. From September 2006 to present.
- Completed ITT and commenced AST.
- Developed stand up comedy and circus performance skills.
- Improved grades of students taking GCSE drama and the numbers of students choosing the subject at A and AS level.
- Gained experience at working within a school setting.
- Helped produce an end of term staging of 'Guys and Dolls'.