English Tutor CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryHighly committed English instructor with 6 years' experience working in various educational settings. A focused professional with an active interest in professional development and in the application of new technologies to teaching and learning. I have a genuine interest in the needs and aspirations of students and can adapt teaching materials to the specific learning styles of every individual. Now seeking to advance my career through a full-time teaching position with management responsibilities .
Core QualificationsBA (Hons) English Literature /Any University, 2000-2004Master of Arts (MA) in English with an emphasis in TESOL / Any University, 2005
- CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) / London, 2006
- Language Awareness Training Course / Any College, 2006
- Member of the National Council of Teachers of English
- Valid Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check
- Full driving license
Academic QualificationsBA (Hons) English Literature /Any University, 2000-2004Master of Arts (MA) in English with an emphasis in TESOL / Any University, 2005A levels: English (A) Spanish (B) Math (B) Science (B)
- Able to adapt lesson plans to different learning styles / language ability skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Willing to support the school management team and to carry out administrative duties.
- Experience preparing students for official exams (IELTS, TEFL, PTE).
Work ExperienceEnglish Teacher | Any City, September 2012 - Present
- Responsible for developing and delivering lesson plans at all levels of instruction (A1 to C1).
- Organised the school's weekly English club.
- Delivered exam preparation workshops (IELTS, TEFL, & PTE).
- Instructed A-level students in English & English Literature.
- Attended monthly teacher training sessions and various conferences in the UK and abroad.
- Created teaching materials from scratch.
- Devised a new system to organise and manage the school's library.