- Our customers have been hired by: *
If you want to land an employment role in student counselling, then you must first write a CV that details all of your abilities and counselling skills as fully as possible. As well as bringing to the fore what makes you stand out as an individual, your CV ought to also include all of your employment history and how various aspects of it relate to your exact skill set. By utilising our student counsellor CV sample and adapting it to your own needs, you will have discovered a valuable tool. The template will assist you with presenting your personal and employment details in an appropriate format and will also give you access to all sorts of further help and guidance.
SEARCH ALL CV EXAMPLES
Student Counsellor CV Sample/Keith Thompson/20 Example Street, Example City/01255 firstname.lastname@example.org
A suitably qualified and registered counsellor, I have been working with secondary school age students for a number of years and have plenty of experience providing services to other age groups, too. With a background in an educational setting, from my time as a teaching assistant, I am now a dedicated student counsellor who is well versed in helping students to overcome issues such as stress, exam worry, bullying and helping with their ongoing educational opportunities. Having worked for a number of years in a successful school, I am now looking for a new challenge which will cause me to spread my professional wings.
Certificate in Counselling Skills accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS).
- Disclosure and Barring Service cleared.
- Registered with the Professional Standards Authority in Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Working with Children and Adolescents from the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
A levels: Psychology (B) and Sociology (D)AS levels: English (A) and History (C)Seven GCSEs at good grades
- The proven ability to encourage clients to talk about their feelings, especially younger ones.
- Good skills with assisting clients to see things more clearly or in a different light.
- Aptitude for building a relationship of trust based on mutual respect.
School Counsellor | Leicester, September 2011 – Present
- Responsible for conducting all counselling work in the school and liaising with heads of year directly.
- Developed good working relationships with bodies outside of the school, including social services and the police.
- Conducted all work under the relevant child protection and disclosure regulations.
Volunteer Student Counsellor | Rugby, September 2010 – July 2011
- Helped students at key stage 3 to deal with any emotional problems they faced at school including strategies for dealing with homework.
- Developed an updated anti-bullying policy for the school along with students, teaching staff and parent governors.
- Responsible for organising all confidential student records.
References available on request.Just one of the many examples available to use, this student counsellor CV sample provides great advice into the best way of presenting a polished CV. You might also like to use our tools and CV builder, also available through this site.
Related CVs Teaching & Education CV Examples
- Psychology Research Assistant CV Example
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant CV Example
- Primary school teacher CV examples
- Drama Teacher CV Example
- English Tutor CV Example
- Example CV for Arabic teacher
- Chinese Teacher CV Example
- Learn from stellar teaching assistant CV examples
- Social Policy Lecturer CV Example
- Guitar Teacher CV Example