Student Counsellor CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryA suitably qualified and registered counsellor, I have been working with secondary school age students for a number of years and have plenty of experience providing services to other age groups, too. With a background in an educational setting, from my time as a teaching assistant, I am now a dedicated student counsellor who is well versed in helping students to overcome issues such as stress, exam worry, bullying and helping with their ongoing educational opportunities. Having worked for a number of years in a successful school, I am now looking for a new challenge which will cause me to spread my professional wings.
Core QualificationsCertificate in Counselling Skills accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS).
- Disclosure and Barring Service cleared.
- Registered with the Professional Standards Authority in Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Working with Children and Adolescents from the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Academic QualificationsA levels: Psychology (B) and Sociology (D)AS levels: English (A) and History (C)Seven GCSEs at good grades
- The proven ability to encourage clients to talk about their feelings, especially younger ones.
- Good skills with assisting clients to see things more clearly or in a different light.
- Aptitude for building a relationship of trust based on mutual respect.
Work ExperienceSchool Counsellor | Leicester, September 2011 - Present
- Responsible for conducting all counselling work in the school and liaising with heads of year directly.
- Developed good working relationships with bodies outside of the school, including social services and the police.
- Conducted all work under the relevant child protection and disclosure regulations.
- Helped students at key stage 3 to deal with any emotional problems they faced at school including strategies for dealing with homework.
- Developed an updated anti-bullying policy for the school along with students, teaching staff and parent governors.
- Responsible for organising all confidential student records.
ReferencesReferences available on request.Just one of the many examples available to use, this student counsellor CV sample provides great advice into the best way of presenting a polished CV. You might also like to use our tools and CV builder, also available through this site.
Related CVs Teaching & Education CV Examples
- Art teacher CV examples
- Assistant Professor CV Example
- British Sign Language Teacher CV Example
- Chemistry Lecturer CV Example
- Chinese Teacher CV Example
- Drama Teacher CV Example
- Educational teacher CV examples
- English Tutor CV Example
- ESL Teacher CV Example
- Example CV for Arabic teacher
- French Teacher CV Example
- Guitar Teacher CV Example
- Learn from stellar teaching assistant CV examples
- Learn from top tutor CV examples
- Montessori Teacher CV Example
- Nursery Teacher CV Example
- Physical Education Teacher CV Example
- Piano Teacher CV Example
- Primary school teacher CV examples
- Psychology Research Assistant CV Example
- Social Policy Lecturer CV Example
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant CV Example