Student Counsellor CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryA suitably qualified and registered counsellor, I have been working with secondary school age students for a number of years and have plenty of experience providing services to other age groups, too. With a background in an educational setting, from my time as a teaching assistant, I am now a dedicated student counsellor who is well versed in helping students to overcome issues such as stress, exam worry, bullying and helping with their ongoing educational opportunities. Having worked for a number of years in a successful school, I am now looking for a new challenge which will cause me to spread my professional wings.
Core QualificationsCertificate in Counselling Skills accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS).
- Disclosure and Barring Service cleared.
- Registered with the Professional Standards Authority in Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Working with Children and Adolescents from the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Academic QualificationsA levels: Psychology (B) and Sociology (D)AS levels: English (A) and History (C)Seven GCSEs at good grades
- The proven ability to encourage clients to talk about their feelings, especially younger ones.
- Good skills with assisting clients to see things more clearly or in a different light.
- Aptitude for building a relationship of trust based on mutual respect.
Work ExperienceSchool Counsellor | Leicester, September 2011 - Present
- Responsible for conducting all counselling work in the school and liaising with heads of year directly.
- Developed good working relationships with bodies outside of the school, including social services and the police.
- Conducted all work under the relevant child protection and disclosure regulations.
- Helped students at key stage 3 to deal with any emotional problems they faced at school including strategies for dealing with homework.
- Developed an updated anti-bullying policy for the school along with students, teaching staff and parent governors.
- Responsible for organising all confidential student records.