Piano teacher CV sample
Professional SummaryTalented piano teacher with considerable experience in teaching different ages and skill levels from beginners to advanced. Particularly adept at teaching children and younger students. Able to teach a variety of musical styles, including jazz, blues, classical and improvisation, coaching students towards taking examinations and performing live on stage. Uses an effective variety of specialist teaching techniques to make lessons fun and enjoyable. Helps students to understand musical theory as a basis to their learning.
Core QualificationsABRSM Piano Grade 8 (with distinction)ABRSM Music Theory Grade 8CT ABRSMBA in Music
Academic QualificationsA levels: Music A, English B, Maths B
- Can develop individual lesson plans.
- Innovative and imaginative tutor.
- Able to relate to piano students of all ages.
- Able to teach an extended repertoire.
- Good with nervous students.
- Specialist in teaching students with learning difficulties.
ExperiencePiano Teacher | Hollyhead Music School 2009-present
- Teaching different genres of piano playing to students from 4 years upwards.
- Preparing students to take exams.
- Coaching students towards live performance.
- Liaising parents of younger students.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Head of keyboard, teaching piano and keyboard skills to students.
- Teaching piano to students with special needs.