CV Sample with a Personal Statement
Professional SummaryMy passion for the world of finance and accounting stretches back as far as I can recall.Having pursued this field for the better part of my adult life, I am now eager to further my career with the help of a reputable firm.As you will see below, I boast all of the appropriate qualifications from recognised institutions.I nonetheless believe that success ultimatelycomes from motivation and the desire to help others along their financial paths.I thrive on developing solid, interpersonal relationships with all of my co-workers and I eagerly look forward to working with your firm in the near future.
- An active member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW).
- A member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- City and Guilds: IVQ in Accounting and Financing (8892) Level 3.
- A knowledge of all relevant accounting software such as Zoho, Wave and Quickbooks.
Experience2013-2016: Senior Accountant (Birmingham-based shipping company).Duties include:
- Tracking transportation and logistical details.
- Basic payroll needs.
- Fulfilling tax obligations to HMRC.
- Analysing profit-to-loss ratios.
- Collating internal financial data for analysis and review.
- Compiling quarterly budget statements.
- Ensuring that in-house expenditures were well within their limits.
- Overseeing client accounts.
- Making financial recommendations based upon the needs of the customer.
- Basic wealth management advice.
- Familiarising new employees with standard accounting software.
- University of Bath (2007-2008): Finance and Risk MSc
- Aston University (2003-2007): Accounting for Management BSc (Hons.)