Veteran CV Example
Build a professional CV that gets you hired.
Professional SummaryAn experienced military professional with proven success in responsible and challenging roles. Now seeking a starting position to gain work-related experience outside of the military, with aspirations to progress to a higher level. Has many transferable skills, with a proven track record of exceptional achievement. Able to make effective critical decisions and manage a team in challenging circumstances. Adept at developing and implementing a plan of action. An energetic and committed individual. Now a veteran, having retired after five years of military service.
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Technology assessment and providing solutions
- Trainer and mentor
- Team leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
ExperienceJune 2013June 2015Infantry Squad Leader, The Corps of the Royal Marines
- Directly responsible for training, instructing and supervising the members of my corps
- Key role in planning, coordinating and executing combat operations, both in training scenarios and out in the field
- Instructor in martial arts, involved in training other members of the corps in self-defence
- Leading a team on land and at sea, in combat and during peacetime
- Responsible for the training, development and general welfare of those in my team
- Decision-making on training and deployment of the team