Academic CV Sample
Professional SummaryAn ambitious and talented professional with a proven academic background in science and valuable experience in teaching and lecturing. Possesses first-class academic written skills and is also an effective verbal communicator. Has acquired diverse professional skills through studying, researching and working in academic and professional environments and is extremely competent when it comes to liaising with students and colleagues on all levels. Takes a flexible approach to work, applying an immaculate level of detail to everything, adapting well to new goals and new professional environments. Can work effectively, both autonomously and as part of a team. Has the initiative required to make decisions and possesses drive and diligence to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ExperienceOctober 2013 - June 2016 Senior Lecturer in chemistry, University of Birmingham
- Teaching the university's chemistry curriculum to students.
- Delivering lectures and mentoring students at all levels.
- Collaborating with colleagues to design, manage, deliver and review the teaching and learning programmes.
- Carrying out mentored research in a variety of specialist areas in the field of chemistry.
- Working in the university chemistry lab and assisting undergraduate students.
- Involved in ordering scientific supplies for the lab.
Education2005-2009 University of London, Doctor of Philosophy )Ph.D in ChemistryThesis Title: Modeling Interactions at Chemical InterfacesMentor: Professor M.D. Jones2001-2004 University of York, Master of Science (M.Sc) in Chemistry1997-2000 University of York, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Chemistry
Awards, Distinctions and Fellowships
- Dissertation Excellence Award, University of York, 2005
- Smithson Fellowship, Smithson School of Science
- SMCF Foundation National Fellowship, University of London
- Theoretical Chemistry