The first step in applying for a disability support worker job is to create a CV that highlights your strengths and accurately documents your qualifications, talents and experience. Our free disability support worker CV sample is an invaluable tool that gives you an insight into what information you should include and how to format your CV.
Disability Support Worker CV Sample
/James Barton/ 23, Anyroad, Anytown / 01203 345678 /email@example.com
An experienced and qualified disability support worker with excellent communication skills and a caring and patient personality. Reliable, well organised, punctual, a team player who is also able to work on own initiative. Supports clients to live as independently as possible by implementing effective programmes to help develop skills and abilities that allow them to participate in their local community. Comfortable working in one-to-one-situations with people of varying levels of disability and all ages. Seeking a role with a quality support provider where I can continue to help people reach their potential and lead fulfilled lives.
NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
- Essential care skills
- First Aid
- Documentation and record kee
- Physical assistance
- Respite Care
- Quality of Life enhancement
- Behavioural support and crisis
- Food hygiene certificate
- Full UK driving licence
Southampton Secondary School 2009 7 GCSEs Southampton College of Further Education 2010 – 2012 BTEC Level 3 Diploma Health and Social Care
1/8/2012 – 1/6/2013 Disability Support Worker – Private Home, Southampton Duties included:
- Carrying out personal care duties including showering and bathing, dressing, toileting, assisting with mobility and providing feeding assistance.
- Providing assistance with medication, documentation, shopping and domestic duties as required.
1/7/2013 – 1/5/2014 Disability Support worker – DSW Care Ltd, Portsmouth Providing personal and practical care for adults with learning disabilities who require extra support. Duties included:
- Assisting with all personal care and mobility needs.
- Promoting the mental and physical activity of service users by supporting them in household tasks, hobbies, outings and holidays.
- Performing domestic duties including cleaning, laundry and preparation of meals.
1/8/2014/ – present Disability Support Worker – Spectrum Care, Salisbury Supporting female and male adults with complex needs and challenging behaviours to develop independent living skills in accordance with their individual care plans. Duties include:
- Teaching life skills.
- Organising outings and holidays.
- Communicating with care managers on behalf of clients.
- Assisting clients with money management.
References are available on request. This Disability Support Worker CV sample is just one of many examples on our site. Using a disability support worker CV template guides you through the process of writing a CV that will get job seekers noticed.