Rugby Coach CV Example
Our professional CV builder is designed to build the most powerful CV and save you time.
Professional SummaryI am a highly experienced rugby professional with a playing a coaching career that stretches back over many seasons. I have plenty of insight with both rugby union and rugby league as well as a number of years dealing with school age players, colts and senior teams. I possess the necessary coaching qualifications to work with amateur and professional players. As well as a highly professional approach to coaching, I am able to mentor younger players who are seeking a career in rugby, often helping them to develop from good club side players into fully-fledged professionals. I have enjoyed significant success in both league and knock out cup competitions with teams that I have coached over the years.
Core QualificationsLevel 4 qualified licensed coach with the RFU.Criminal Record Bureau checks up to date.
- Level 2 Award in Leadership through Rugby Union.
- Level 2 Coaching Certificate in Rugby League (L2CCRL).
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children course completed.
- Full UK driving license
Academic QualificationsMSc in Sports Science from the Open UniversityBA (Hons) in Leisure Management from the University of WalesA levels: English (C), Maths (D) and Psychology (D)9 GCSEs at grades A to C.
- Ability to build a strong squad of players based on mutual respect and support.
- Proven track record in gaining better success rates from line outs and srummages.
- Excellent at working with other coaches in areas like fitness and tackling.
Work ExperienceHead Coach | Anywhere RFC - 2007 to present
- Responsible for two first team promotions within four seasons.
- Turned around a club with a diminishing membership to one of the best supported in the county.
- Innovated a new training regime based on the individual skills of the players in the squad.
- Gained promotion from colts coach to working with the first XV forward pack, helping them to develop over the course of six seasons.
- Supported the head coach to gain promotion in the 2006-07 season.
- Initiated a coaching programme for the newly formed ladies team to improve forward play and defensive strategies.