Academic CV Example
If you are searching for a job in academia or further education, having a professionally written CV is the first step towards success. Especially in such a competitive field, an Academic CV Example is a useful tool as it can help you write a CV that suits the requirements of the job at hand. At the same time, it demonstrates why your qualifications, accomplishments and skills make you the most suitable candidate. To maximise your chances of success, make sure you check our Academic CV Example and become familiar with the right format and content of an academic CV. The Academic CV Example below is a great example of the kind of document that can capture the recruiter's attention and land you an interview.
Address/Phone Number/ Email
Professional SummaryAn academic professional with 8 years' experience teaching in university settings. Possesses an analytical mind coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills. An active researcher who has published papers in peer-reviewed academic journals and has had a direct role securing funding for large-scale research projects. Special interests and areas of research include social policy and health.
Core QualificationsPhD Comparative Social Policy, Any University, 2009.
ExperienceLecturer in Social Policy Any University, 2009 to present
- Taught 2 undergraduate courses, delivering seminars, lectures, and practical sessions (teaching load 20 hours / week).
- Helped secure public funding for a large-scale social policy research project.
- Delivered pastoral care and PhD supervision.
- Conducted research and presented findings at international academic conferences (See Publications section).
- Responsible for teaching undergraduate seminars at the School of Social Studies.
- Marking of students' assignments and examinations. Also provided informal feedback and written progress reports.
- Participated in course re-design project and assisted senior lecturers with curriculum development tasks.